Discussion from Proposed DMS COVID-19 policy

The 5um limit was at the heart of transmission, masking, the whole pandemic. @FairieCyanide brought this up in another thread, nice work!

1 Like

A learned opinion ( not my own ) on “scientific consensus”:

1 Like

Flat Earth is easy to disprove on a round planet. Here is a hint: Washington DC and Lima, Peru lay on the same Longitude. At noon on the Equinox, DC will see the Sun at 51.10’ above the horizon; Lima will see the Sun at 77.96’ above the horizon. On a Flat Earth, the math doesn’t work to calculate the distance between these cities, but on a round planet everything fits perfectly.

As to TV personalities intentionally spreading disinformation, to spread panic in a desperate populace, I think the case is just as proven. Whether or not Hydroxychloroquine is an effective drug for treating SARS-CoV2 is not the issue. The fact that Chris Cuomo railed against HCQ for weeks, linking it’s use to certain death and Donald Trump was scurrilous. But when Cuomo contracted Covid-19, he took Quinine as part of his treatment. This is supported by his retelling of wild vivid dreams (a well known side effect of quinine drugs) during a duet performance with brother, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who had busied himself with sending Covid infected seniors back into retirement homes. We witnessed a modern day holocaust, and people actually sided with the perpetrators. I really don’t know another way to characterize this.

Larger droplets become smaller droplets through evaporation as they travel. Once small enough they can linger and/or permeate inefficient masks. This is why source control (wearing masks to protect others) is a thing.

2 Likes

I’m not arguing about the validity of any of that, I’m arguing about you touting it as a good recommendation as a prescription treatment, cause again that’s not , and if that’s how you characterize it, by those same standards you touting in favor of it is just the same as his touting against it, 2 halves to the same circle

It’s 2021, can I put up a board proposal that we stop using “be excellent to each other?”

2 Likes

Why would you want to remove such a basic tenet from the Code of Behavior that has guided so many for so long in their behavioral excellence?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lots of fun history surrounding this moto…

1 Like

1 Like

According to current Pop Psychotics if we remove the rule/motto, behavioral excellence will follow. :laughing:

Maybe replace with “There’s a video camera near you.” :shushing_face:

Sure, the agenda is open, fire away!

Shame on you for using a Keanu meme and it not being one of his exelentness himself!

Over the last two weeks, I’ve been in Walmart, Kroger, Michaels, Aldi, 7-11 and Winco, without a mask. I did not read or even see a list of “rules” before entering. Maybe they has something posted, maybe not. DMS is going to have to catch up sooner or later.

You know what all of those places have that we don’t? Paid staff. People who get paid to clean and do functional tasks, like cleaning out ice makers and stocking shelves (which is in the same realm as hauling project storage to purgatory or the dumpster.)

4 Likes

So basically the governments stand point on it, is they can’t require it but any private organization or business has the right to request they be worn, and prevent access to whoever refuse to comply

And the proposed policy doesn’t require mask wearing at DMS. What’s your specific beef with the proposed policy?

1 Like

Probably that it hasn’t happened yet.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some people walking around or sitting at the Space with no mask. I’ve seen others whom I know have been vaxxed, still wearing masks. I think this will continue until we have a few weeks with no new Covid cases; it’s coming.

As before, I encourage anyone who hasn’t been vaccinated to get vaxxed. Let’s put this plague to bed.

1 Like

That seems optimistic. We are still running close to 100 new covid cases per day in Denton county. I fully expect the public to loose interest by the time the Denton county new daily rate gets into 10s. And at that point, it will become like the flu, where new daily case counts is effectively not reported.

If you look at the rates for the state, its quite interesting how fast they were dropping off. In a matter of a few weeks it cut in half. Then another few weeks it dropped to about 10% of the original number. Feb 1 22k then the 23rd it was 10k followed by about 2-3k its been hovering over the past few weeks.

1 Like

Which is terrifying because if it’s allowed to continue to circulate like the cold the more likely (the reason there’s no cure for the cold) that more strains pop up and one of those just might very well end up being a type that our vaccines aren’t capable of stopping! So what you mentioned is a very unsettling reality in the very near future