Discussion about Woodshop Chairs and Officers

Why don’t you address the problem that one of the officers you put into power chased Mike off?

Like to dredge up dirty laundry and make it public? While it was not the way I would have handled delivering the message, it was not untrue. BTW it was directed at several people not just the chair.

Let’s not taint messages of appreciation for the good work of a hard-working chair.

3 Likes

I did not make the message public nor do I agree with it at all. However the BoD continue to allow this person to chase people off. Unacceptable. And yes, @Team_Moderators please split this discussion as I do not wish to take away from the thanks that Mike deserves with the unpleasant reason he has had enough.

Yes but you are bringing it up for the drama of it. Not for any other reason. If you want to discuss the issues in detail you can email [email protected]. As a former director/president you know the issues.

4 Likes

Drama or not, she does actually have a point. this seems like an issue that the board should, at the very least look into. An officer of DMs behaved in such a way that it incited a chair of a committee to resign. This seems like something that should be looked into one way or another

4 Likes

This single conversation didn’t cause a heat of the moment resignation, there was more at play here.

However as I’ve already stated in the other thread spawned by this, I do not believe this is the appropriate venue for discussion on the matter.

1 Like

That’s fair, I likely am lacking a LOT of context. That’s why I tried to keep it general in my original comment. But you can see where I could draw that conclusion from the data I had available

3 Likes

The worst kind of bully is one who has everyone convinced that they are not a bully.

3 Likes

I am not for public drama so I don’t know about calling then out if it doesn’t happen again. If a board member better at delivering messages like this could be the one delivering the message from now on it would go a long way to help.

Does the woodshop have issues? Is all the breakages a waste of money? Obviously yes.

Is it Mike’s fault? Not really. There are many on going discussions on how to fix the problem. Hopefully the woodshop community will have an answer to the problem sooner than later.

I am sure Mike is as upset with the situation as everyone else.

3 Likes

Better to keep it swept under the rug? The secrecy is what enables it.

3 Likes

More like there is drama created by both sides of this; there is a lot of history outside this one conversation, and we don’t want a repeat of this dumpster fire of a thread: https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/stepping-down-as-chair-of-digital-media

3 Likes

What secrecy? Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, I’ll be happy to discuss and answer any questions that you have. Feel free to send me an email or PM - [email protected].

4 Likes

Julie, I appreciate the offer but a one-on-one discussion will do nothing to keep these issues visible to the membership, who deserve to know what is going on. Just the fact that this has happened out of the blue (from our [members’] perspective) is enough evidence that there are goings-on that are being kept invisible.

4 Likes

Any member can discuss anything with me. I’m not going to post about disciplinary issues on Talk, however. We also have office hours where we discuss openly in front of any members who care to show up. Nothing is being kept invisible, my offer still stands.

1 Like

This isn’t a disciplinary issue.

I’m madder than a three legged dog trying to bury a turd in an icy pond at this whole situation, but it is not secrecy that enables. It is that there is not one member of the DnO with enough intestinal fortitude to stand up for what is right. 1 or 2 members of the DnO are the subject of the majority of the complaints about the abusive nature of DMS leadership made by the members, and the rest of the DnO have simply proven too passive, ineffective or weak to stand up to them. Many hard-working volunteer/members know and talk regularly about how the actions of the leadership at the space is driving membership away with their abusive treatment, lies and unacceptable behavior. I will not debase myself to their level because the time for putting up with thier ineptitude at actual leadership is quickly coming to an end. I choose to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel rather than the darkness behind me.

If you haven’t registered to vote, and would like to help put DMS back on the upward swing, make sure and register soon.
ELECTIONS ARE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!
HELP MAKE DMS GREAT AGAIN!!!

1 Like

Yep please participate, we got the big ol’ boat turned around from the waterfall. Now it is up to you to steer upstream and back to the riverbank. You running for BoD?

2 Likes

This [hopefully] isn’t a disciplinary issue.

If you have a specific question feel free to ask about it or discuss in person, there’s no secrecy here. You can easily learn anything you want to know but I won’t be posting about disciplinary or other sensitive issues on Talk.

I can understand disciplinary issues. But there is no reason to keep other issues off of member-only talk other than to reduce visibility and accountability. None.

2 Likes