Dimension specs for M2A1 .50 cal ammo can?

I’m looking for a mil spec dimensional description for the standard M2A1 ammunition canister - A.K.A. the standard .50 cal ammo can available at most surplus stores.

Anyone have a tech sheet hanging around they could send me?

I don’t have a 50 can on-hand. But a real one probably has the NSN on it somewhere. Look for that to find spec.

https://www.nsncenter.com/NSN/8140-00-960-1699 - now trying to find a dimensional drawing in there - challenging

And survey says - no actual dimensional drawing - some of the dimensional descriptions on this page are actually given in feet - if you can believe that…

Go to www.everyspec.com there you will find every Mil Spec document for free. Just use the search function and you will be amazed at all the Specs that were produced at taxpayer expense.

Dimensions seem a little … off ?

Unit Weight : 620.0 lbs

Unit Size : 24.3in x 18.9in x 15.3in

This isn’t for the 50 cal ammo can, I’m not sure what an " CHEST,AMMUNITION" is. I could take some measurements if I knew which measurements you want. Are you looking for the largest smooth sided rectangular object that will fit into the can? The can is sheet metal with stiffing features which slightly reduce the size of a solid object that can be placed into the can.

Russell Ward