Digital Media Room Computer is now available with Adobe CC +

Hello Everyone! The digital media computer is ready for use! For now, please log in with your Active Directory Account. We now have the capability to effectively render 1080p and cores see 4k footage!

Special thanks to Adrian, Brooks, and Chuck for helping to remold that workstation into a very functional digital arts, animation and editing workstation!

Stay tuned and see what we get next…

to @Adrian_Cooks, @bscharff @dallasmagna

5 Likes

Please excuse my ignorance but how do I log in with My Active Directory Account? I don’t even know what that is.

I apologize for the slow response. **I don’t believe there is an active workstation in the DM room now".

The Digital Media Workstations require an Active Directory Login Account. You will need to create your Active Directory (AD) logon account through our billing system (WHMCS).
If you have an account in WHMCS, you will need to do the following to create your AD account:

1. Log in at: https://accounts.dallasmakerspace.org/accounts/clientarea.php29
  2. In the Top Right corner, click the dropdown menu that says, “Hello, YOURFIRSTNAME”
  3. Click, “Edit Account Details”
  4. Click “Save Changes” (blue button near the bottom)
  5. Go back to the Top Right corner, click your name on the dropdown menu again
  6. Click, “Change Password”
  7. Click the blue “Save Changes” button.
    NOTE: You do not have to actually make any changes - unless any of your contact information is out of date - or you want a different password; but, you must follow the instructions above in order for your AD account to be created. The password you use in the billing system (WHMCS) will synchronize over to AD and will be the password you use to log into the Digital Media Workstations.
    If you have any problems logging into the Digital Media Workstations after following these instructions, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

@dallasmagna

Natasha,

Did we buy a SD card for the camera? We want to shoot the Open House this
Saturday, and I need to get one if there is not one there (save me a trip
to go look).

Also, Jay (don’t remember his last name) approached me about chairing the
committee, so I will stay involved but not actually be chair.

Thanks

1 Like

Jay that worked on the Miata for 24 Hours of Lemons?

1 Like

Yes, that Jay.

Also, I looked, and there is no SD card here, so I assume we did not get
one. I remember talking about it, but deciding it was too small and
expensive, so people could bring their own.

Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry about the delayed response. The SSD (as well as other reclaimed parts) are in the 3rd locker from the top outside of the DM room.

Admin and @dallasmagna have the access codes. I will conduct the final turnover during Sunday’s DM committee.

Oh, I am sorry Chuck, I misread. There was one camera SD card, and previously recommended that users get their own, since they are so easy to lose.

ok, reviving an old thread instead of starting a new on…

When I log into the Digital Media computers, the Adobe products are there, but it’s still asking for a log-in / password.

How do I access the Adobe suite to edit videos using the DMS logins?

There’s an existing thread for this but I’m on mobile so not digging for it (@Team_Moderators if someone wants to look and merge).

Adobe changed the licensing model. You have to login with an Adobe account, but the software entitlement is still provided by the machine. Just make a free Adobe account and sign in with it when at the digital media or design computers

3 Likes

yeah, ironically just stumbled on that post… please close and lock this thread if you can.

2 Likes