Design help wanted

I am trying to model a connector for a channel drain to a PVC pipe. The drain has a 2” hole from the end for standard 1.5” PVC. I need to reduce that to 1.25” PVC, and offset it by about 1.25”. This is a drawing of the part:

There is a correction. the 1.66 on the right should be for the ID of the hole.

I would like to meet someone at the space who could drive this in SOLIDWORKS while I watch, assist, learn… I am available almost any time. Pizza and beverage can be provided. Is anybody up for this?

What kind of materials are you looking to make this out of?

If 3D printing, this should be very easy, but the printing part is what I’m not sure about (overhangs, printing orientation, only the Bambu can print non-ABS/PLA)

If metal, like aluminium or stainless, I think CAD becomes overkill.

Is using a heatgun on PVC an option?

Plan on 3D printing with ABS. The piece will be enclosed in cement when installed. My thinking was for the 2" opening to be on the plate.

The heatgun might work, but would not achieve the reduction.

Printing it in that orientation would cause turbulence, but maybe I’m overthinking it. I’ll be in machine shop after 6pm today, and can help you on this.

Great, I will be there soon after 6.

FYI 3d printing doesn’t make liquid tight parts. If you need it to not leak, you may want to print with 100% infill and then vapor finish it with acetone to produce a smooth surface. Then pressure test the part to see where you need to repair the pinholes.
Or maybe coat the inside with epoxy and fiberglass.

1 Like

Thanks. Leakage should not be a problem. Only moving water from my driveway away from the house.
No pressure involved, just gravity.

1 Like