Delegation of a few tasks - CA needs help

Fuses are on their way, it should be up and running in a couple days

You can laser cut the entire sign from pink/blue insulation foam as @JRyan_Artist has done, then paint with Kilz. The arm could be laser cut in ply. Chain links are cheap.

And as a constructive addition ā€¦ I think we need a vinyl sign on the door saying something like ā€œKeep Door Closedā€.

I was appalled at the amount of dust that has accumulated on the framing on the outside wall and Iā€™m concerned that it might deal death to the digital denizens inside ā€œthe room formerly known as the annexā€.

3 Likes

For not only that but also as a courtesy to folks teaching in the attached classroom.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take #2ā€¦ Will paint and put the flooring downā€¦whoo hoo!!

1 Like

Should we have dust covers for the printers?

That sounds like a good idea. I donnā€™t know how bad dust is for the computers. That was part of my concern.

Computers already live in the Wood and Metal shops, where there is much more dust than the Room With No Name will hopefully ever see.

1 Like

Frame update:

Two of the ten are in the annex for your approval. I sanded them and used gesso to harden the paper finish and also added a bit of texture. Then I painted them black using paint from the big squirt jugs in CA. They will probably need another coat (or touch up) and a clear finish, but I stopped after two to make certain the work Iā€™ve done is ok.

The other 8 are in the original place and have been sanded. If you prefer, I can just paint those black without the gesso and texture.

Let me know. --Cindy

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see them. Iā€™ll be up at the space tomorrow after school.

Ok guys the sign is designed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-9lwxsfTaRgMjl2QW1Kd2tCSFk/view?usp=sharing

In my brain the holder is metal of some sort. The sign itself is ā€œstackedā€ somewhat like the woodshop signs for depth and interest.
Iā€™m emailing @apparently_weird so if you would like to assist with this please chime in and we can get it going.

BTW big thanks to @macapaka for designing this for the space.