December 7th fiberfrolic

First Fiberfrolic for the month of December is this Tuesday, December 7 at the bowling table in Creative Arts. Open to members and non-members alike. Bring a fiber-y project to work on. (I’ll be doing embroidery stitching on a vintage quilt I’m repairing.)

In related business, Y’all need to weigh in on meeting scheduling for this activity going forward, since @noblegoblin aka Michelle Oas and Adam’s offspring is due to make landfall pretty soon - thus limiting her willingness to expose herself to germs. (She’s been hosting third-week-frolic events.)

2 Likes

Does fabric stuff count as fiber or does it need to involve yarn/string? I’m new(ish) and am looking to meet up with people and work on stuff finally!

1 Like

IMHO, if it is made of fibers, then you should be good to frolic. This is a very accepting group that works on personal projects while chit-chatting.

Fiber Frolic is, indeed, pretty free-wheeling. Typically folks bring a project that they can sit and work on while listening to folks chat. If you need to pop up occasionally to use the machines, that’s still cool.

It’s called “FiberFrolic”, but it’s more yap and tell stories. Sometimes while doing something. We’ve had guys sit and paint miniatures during Quiltpocalypse. No reason FiberFrolic should be limited in scope. Think of it as an opportunity to meet a fellow DMS member (or potential member) or two.

1 Like
4 Likes

But you’re gonna be an AWESOME dad!

2 Likes