Damascus making classes

Just to make sure you’re aware this will be a paid class. If you’re not familiar with Damascus steel it main purpose is for knife making use. To make a kitchen knife or sword. This steel will have patterns in it and it will be mostly for tools but can be turned into anything you’d like

2 Likes

A very interesting article about making Damascus steel knives:

1 Like

Okay nice to know!! Thanks for info, and interesting link!

cuanto dinero muchacho

Traería de 20-30 dependiendo de lo grande que sea, pero compré mucho para ir. No te olvides de tus botas de metal, chica

Praise the lord for translation :joy:

1 Like

pesos muchacho?!?!

Det er en god pris mann! Morsomt at du nevnte støvlene mine! Jeg surfer på nettet etter flammebestandige støvler akkurat nå… ikke at jeg planlegger å ta fyr eller noe, men å sette foten opp på ambolten mens pounding unna kan gjøre det

Oh seigneur ouais, je devrais peut-être garder un œil sur toi avant que tout le monde ne mette le pied sur l’enclume🤦‍♂️ Connais-tu tout ça ou est-ce que tu ajustes juste la langue à la fin ? Je pourrais avoir besoin de faire un cours avancé pour des gens comme vous !

Eu vou trazer a irmã para a sua classe - ela adora forjar também - eu acho que ela vai realmente gostar tanto quanto eu fiz - eu não posso esperar por nossas aulas particulares avançadas juntos, eu acho que você disse que, pode haver uma barreira de idioma. noite noturna

That will be good I will be glad to see y’all forging together. Yes an advanced class will be coming that will hopefully turn to sculpture type builds and more you know how it goes!

The class are posted for this month a mix will be available and I plan to be at the space during some weekday nights. The Damascus class paired with the open forge and knife making basics are good to sign up for.

1 Like

Awesome! Do we need to sign up for both Damascus making classes, or 1 Damascus and 1 knife making? And will venmo work for instructor payment?

You are more than welcome to sign up for both I imagine most of us will need some extra forging time before our Damascus steel finished. Either way if you sign up for just one you will still get all you need the other class you’re welcome to come for more forging time and help I will be there on those days. Yes Venmo works which you can do at the class.

Cool! If we want to attend a class but just observe for now, would that be fine as well? Looking over the classes, it looks like they’re in order, so I was thinking it might be worth attending for instruction even if not ready for that part of the series.

When is the class happening?

1 Like

Come by anytime we would love to show you and help as much as possible!

1 Like

I signed up for the two classes before I realized that I was traveling for the holiday. Then I canceled my registration. However, since you’re saying we can just sign up for one, I thought “great… I’ll come on the 26th”. However, it looks like I’m not able to re-register for a class I dropped. :face_with_monocle:

I guess we can talk about it at the next knife making class, Nick.

1 Like

I’m not sure on the signing back up and how that works but yes your welcome to come by when I teach some other classes.