Dallas Morning News Article

We recently had the Dallas Morning News do a story on us.

Check it out and share!

18 Likes

Go and Do!

Nice article, lots of name dropping lol
@lukeiamyourfather
@Kriskat30
@Photomancer
@engpin
@mkart

Done. It’s getting Likes from friends who probably have never even heard the work Makerspace. Made sure the shared post is set to Public so their FB Friends see the article, too.

On DMS FB page: https://www.facebook.com/dallasmakerspace/posts/1324323860950486

1 Like

Kris told me that the photographer was so impressed he was going to join. I think that was a good indication that the article would be favorable. Of course, honest reporting would have to say how awesome we are!

Other folks got to talk about exciting things we Make … I got to answer questions about our 35 page IRS form 990 informational return, explaining dues structure, and other exciting “financial stuff” (it’s why the Finance Committee meetings are standing room only most of the time :wink:). But the good part was being able to demonstrate that our dues are efficiently being used to support our Educational mission, we are are almost totally self-supporting, we don’t have any employees and are totally volunteer run, particularly given our size. These were some of the things discussed.

We are and have much to be proud of.

7 Likes

Here is the link to the 2:30 minute YouTube video tour. For people with no reference to DMS and “what we have”, it is brilliant and brief.

7 Likes

We made the Dallas Morning News again! The article was in yesterday’s paper on the front page of the Arts & Life section.

I could not find the article on the DallasNews.com website, but here is a link on PressReader.com
https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-dallas-morning-news/20170626/282325384980622

The text may be the same from the June 9th article, but nice to make it into the paper again!

4 Likes

I would expect that we will have a larger turnout on Thurs
night, so we should be ready for it,

3 Likes