Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - September 2019

I did forget to add the picture of the Acrorn lug nut in the lathe. This is the new tool holder I used to put chamfers on the edges.

11 Likes

Next time I see you I need more about that width tool thingie. While I found it, all I got was the international “no” symbol. :thinking:

I’m making a professor mcgonagall outfit for Halloween
I am using my new mold making skills with my growing resin confidence to recreate her brooch.
The “inlays” are curing right now, but I’m almost done and impatient :blush:

16 Likes

Slip casting class combined with hand building and glazing classes

And I just took the silhouette cameo heat press vinyl class and was able to re-do a dye sub experiment on a too-cottony shirt <3

17 Likes

Forgive the poor lighting. A little something just in time for October Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Inlay heart and ribbon.
Red Oak, Mesquite, Figured Maple and African Pink Ivory Wood. 18"x18". cheers!

14 Likes

Nick was this done on the CNC or with the laser. The marquetry work look beautiful. I especially love the pink ivory.

thank you. all the pieces were cut on the CNC. each piece was 1/4" thick.
The entire pallet is then adhered to a 1/2" thick plywood backing.

1 Like

Nice touch on the ribbon wrap. Well done!

Thank you

This is a greek vase themed bud vase. Lasered from 1/8" plywood 7.5" tall. easy to do and a great project for beginners. Create everyday.

7 Likes

So I made a bracket to mount the power supply. I would have used Din rail but we didn’t have any. In the process I made it from some scrap that was laying around in the machine shop. I punched the holes then took it to the brake to bend it. I soldered the connection on the wiring and mounted it. Well… the mounting part was interesting. I managed to break the head of a screw by hand with a screwdriver.

14 Likes

Great craftsmanship.

Love the design, it is just so parallel. What more can I say??

2 Likes

This is another new vcarve tileable pattern on 4.5"x6.6" mesquite.
This would scale up nicely and probably make a good wall hanging. Create everyday.
Cheers!

8 Likes

Spent some time with the guys from the NTXBA this afternoon. I have been thinking about trying this cleft. The forging went well enough but I guess I should have paid more attention to what a cleft actually looks like, Oh well, next time. Regardless, I see a lot of possibilities for this one. This one is more of an “and” symbol, backwards , sort of.

8 Likes

Just beautiful Steve!

Just trying to find a little balance in my life so here is an opart Yin-Yang piece in mesquite. 4.5x7".

10 Likes

And … that’s a wrap, folks. Thanks to @JAST who has posted the September blog.

See the October 2019 post at this link.

2 Likes

So beautiful!