Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - September 2019

Thank you

This is a greek vase themed bud vase. Lasered from 1/8" plywood 7.5" tall. easy to do and a great project for beginners. Create everyday.

7 Likes

So I made a bracket to mount the power supply. I would have used Din rail but we didn’t have any. In the process I made it from some scrap that was laying around in the machine shop. I punched the holes then took it to the brake to bend it. I soldered the connection on the wiring and mounted it. Well… the mounting part was interesting. I managed to break the head of a screw by hand with a screwdriver.

14 Likes

Great craftsmanship.

Love the design, it is just so parallel. What more can I say??

2 Likes

This is another new vcarve tileable pattern on 4.5"x6.6" mesquite.
This would scale up nicely and probably make a good wall hanging. Create everyday.
Cheers!

8 Likes

Spent some time with the guys from the NTXBA this afternoon. I have been thinking about trying this cleft. The forging went well enough but I guess I should have paid more attention to what a cleft actually looks like, Oh well, next time. Regardless, I see a lot of possibilities for this one. This one is more of an “and” symbol, backwards , sort of.

8 Likes

Just beautiful Steve!

Just trying to find a little balance in my life so here is an opart Yin-Yang piece in mesquite. 4.5x7".

10 Likes

And … that’s a wrap, folks. Thanks to @JAST who has posted the September blog.

See the October 2019 post at this link.

2 Likes

So beautiful!