Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - October 2019

“Sound Waves” Last nights light painting
Hope to teach a class on this in the future.

13 Likes

Halloween bottle openers. Plasma cut and then forged to round them out a bit.

Tried two thicknesses of steel: both seem to work.

19 Likes

Those should be made into rings. That would be awesome.

I got this set of little grey zipper bags at one of my forays to IKEA. When @BarkingChicken indicated she wanted to have a silent auction as part of the CA housewarming party, I decided to embellish them with some hand embroidery. @heyheymama won the bidding war for the flower one, @Edenblue is the new owner of the loopy design, and somebody I don’t know is the new owner of the parallel lined design.

19 Likes

Thanks for donating them! A lot of people were delighted at how pretty they are!

1 Like

From paper…to Inkscape,…to RD Works, I created a lasered acrylic stamp for ceramics and more :grin:

25 Likes

That turned out alsums! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

put something in the picture for scale, how big are they??

The mouths are sized to hold/open a bottle cap. The skull is about 4” tall.

12 Likes

Maker Magics :sparkles:

18 Likes

@Rebekah_Raffield turned out killer nice job! Thanks for testing the class out. :+1:t3::pray:t3:

10 Likes

Wow!! Awesome! Those really did turn out nice! So cool… :smile:

1 Like

I wanna make one!! <3

1 Like

Helped @Kevin get a plaque cut on the Haas.

21 Likes

I saw this plaque. It is very, very nice!

1 Like

3D Printed for display at the Plano Family Expo tomorrow. Glow in the dark filament.

21 Likes

Love love love these!!

So will you be able to create a dark environment to show this off at its best?

Thanks to Mark Salas for running wood shop class the other night. I’m new to DMS and really appreciate the help I’ve been getting!

22 Likes

I’m starting the process of writing a game for the Macintosh Plus. Step 0 is making the thing properly boot up.

12 Likes