Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - January 2019

Took Steve fountain pen class, and also turned an aromatherapy pendant. Very happy, one for me, one for Valentine’s day for my wife. You guess which.

22 Likes

I’m guessing she gets whichever one she wants!

:grin:

6 Likes

I didn’t know you knew her so well LOL

2 Likes

Took a science class with Ben Puig and mirrored a microscope slide and partially mirrored a glass ornament

11 Likes

154 hats all run through QC and ready for donation!

26 Likes

Please tell me QC involved making sure they work and you sat there putting on 154 hats :smile:

5 Likes

Made this egg out of resin in Steve’s @Lordrook Make a Resin-Hybrid Dragon Egg. It really doesn’t photograph well, it looks great in the light. Those are little bats in there flying around.

19 Likes

@talkers John I was going to post these on the DMS Facebook site but it didn’t seem the settings are such that I can make a post…

You are welcome to post in the creative arts one if you want. It’s “Dallas Makerspace Creative Arts”

What did you use for table legs? Looks like iron?? Can’t tell though.

The store owner (Sally Brumbaugh) supplied an ornate iron pedestal base from one of her other suppliers.
Made in Mexico, I think.

1 Like

One of those items i wish i could “heart” more than once. Did y’all use the same polishing technique we used on the pens yesterday?

I finished a manifold pressure manifold for my car. It’s my first time really Tig welding and I think I did a half decent job on it, even though all the welding I did putting those bungs on one side definitely warped the body of it.

10 Likes

It’s beautiful. It also looks like manta rays in the ocean.

4 Likes

If it works - your good. When you start doing custom car and Rod Shows … you’ll have your technique down by then! But there is great satisfaction in DIY.

1 Like

Here are the final results from our resin-wood dragon egg class yesterday. I think everyone’s project came out great, from design of the resin pour to the final product off the lathe.

23 Likes

Having it all work was all i was looking for, its pretty well hidden in the engine bay anyways. If you’ve seen my car you’ll know that something looking like this is right at home in it anyways. lol

1 Like

The Hat Makers Rock!

1 Like

Maple and Walnut box with a laser cut; resin with green mica powder inlay.

26 Likes

A leather crafters tool cradle for my wife. Design was done using the student edition of SolidWorks. It was made using one of our PolyPrinters.

27 Likes