Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - December 2018

Made my brother in law a shaving set for Christmas.

Blanks are a resin product called Trustone. Brush hair is high mountain white beaver, from golden nib.

Still working on the black / gold…

18 Likes

New member as of early December. My name is Duncan Hughes, dhughes095. I made 12 cutting boards and a cheese board for Christmas gifts. Everyone loved them. All end grain from walnut, cherry, and hard maple.

28 Likes

Very nice. I’m glad to see new members jump right in to Making.

3 Likes

Did you make the steel as well? The handle looks awesome.

Nah, just did the handle. Bought the steel. I wish I had the skill to make blades, just not an area I’ve dabbled in yet. I have several more blades to do. This one was a gift.

Like. So. Many. Hahah. Thanks for letting me squeeze in on the sander that night!

No problem. Hopefully I never have to do that much drum sanding ever again…

1 Like

Hopefully I never have to do that much drum sanding ever again…

All those people will be expecting you to raise the bar for Christmas 2019. :smiley:

2 Likes

After amassing a lot of mits of leather and tools following @Webdevel’s passport cover class, I made a pattern to fit a standard Moleskine notebook for a holiday gift. The leather is a digitally printed offering from Frogjelly Leather in Mansfield. I added loopy things on the side to serve the dual purpose of notebook closure and pen containment.

16 Likes

Love it so much!!

Those are beautiful!

Please do state who you are when you post. We really want to share your wonderful work with the world via Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and more. Add your name. Contact and website if you wish.

The team’s time and energy is valuable. They are not going to look up a poster’s details to figure out who say “talkers” is.

2 Likes

Couple questions (as I’ve not followed by this, whoops). Please let me know if I should bring up elsewhere?

1. Is there not a separate space if we wanted to contribute to social media? I realize that probably somewhere, I once upon a time signed something that gives DMS the right to use for said things, but perhaps not everyone wants their items made public?

2. Is there a preferred tag/attribute for social media? Sometimes I do tag DMS as @dallasmakerspace I believe on IG and also as the hashtag, just didn’t know if there’s a preferred hashtag to categorize DMS?

Resin and coolibah burl bowl pressure cast with green alcohol ink and blue/green pearlescent pigment swirls. Turned on the lathe.

Greg (Jeeves)

25 Likes

Holy guacamole that’s BEAUTIFUL!

Excellent work sir!

Actually he should serve guacamole out of that!

And if we have any ordained ministers handy…

2 Likes

I got ordained on this website, does that count? I can bless guacamole, marry guacamole, bury guacamole, baptize guacamole, in any religion.

3 Likes

I think a licensed minister should be just as relevant, no?

1 Like