Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - December 2018

Its such a cool machine. I have more than a few projects i need to use it on.

1 Like

And I just signed up for the training. Thanks for posting such a cool examples of a project from the cutter.

2 Likes

Ryan it’s really fun to use. I made an AF plaque last week.

12 Likes

Etched some soap stone for a gift

14 Likes

Laser etched?

Need more pictures. Many, many more.

Very cool. Really like the tight spiral.
Cool card to display as well :smiley:

2 Likes

Yep but I didn’t make note of the settings. Made a template on the wood to get the same placement in the stones and repeated the engraving. Learned it’s best to double check the frame before running it as me placement was slightly different or the stone size etc. Stones $11 on Amazon

1 Like

LOL yes sir I’ve got a few left from your class!

Thanks @meanbabyfor teaching the glass fusing classes

14 Likes

Necklace with bad wire wrapping lol

13 Likes

I played with the plasma table and the Tig welder and made a foosball trophy.

18 Likes

Finally was successful at making a shirt. Got the shirt itself on Harry Hines for less than $5 and I got the vinyl in a store right behind the tee shirt place. I think each 12x20 or so sheet was at $2.50.

http://www.wtdtx.com

20 Likes

Here’s a custom iPad stylus made using the “thin blue line” blank for law enforcement/dispatch; made for a good friend for Christmas. Note the 4 inch size, for those of you who’ve made these, you’ll note that the kit is setup for a 2 inch finished product. Other than a toddler that just won’t fit in an adult hand confortably, so I… modified… the original.

13 Likes

We made an absolute ton this month. Knife handles, cutting boards, pens, lazy susans, and started a coffee table. <3 Makerspace & Christmastime

17 Likes

@texantrinity That blade is crazy? What is the pattern made of?

Wood is Amboyna Burl.

https://www.wood-database.com/amboyna/

Damascus Steel

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi there. Using some new found micro controller skills, we created a base for a nice piece of selenite for my step dads christmas gift. Used a neo pixel 12 RGB and a trinket M 0. Lit it up beautifully. Super happy with the results.

19 Likes

Loved learning a new skill in the stained glass class that Jen gave last week! Can’t wait to create more things like this!

23 Likes

Very Nice!