OH NO Glen!
Modified a Thingiverse design to store spare parts for the plasma CNC inside a metal Altoids Artic tin.
Original was for a different, shorter electrode.
I used Tinkercad to slice, stretch, trim, and reassemble the parts into a nice, clean package.
Anita you need to stop using a potato to take pictures!
I love lemonwood! It has a fine smooth grain that turns and finishes easily. It holds details well with minimal tear-out. You are the only person I have ever seen use it for anything. It’s particularly suitable for miniatures.
The spalted pecan is nice - I can tell from the markings on the blank where you bought them.
I started this project this summer and finally got the base done for my new coffee table. The top is a 3 inch slab of black walnut that I covered with 6 coats of resin. The base is two sheets of aluminum cut out on the dynatorch of my design and hammered and distressed. Rolled on the slip roller to get a perfect half circle. Many thanks to Pat Obrian and Chris Gahly for their help and he man strength to lift the darn thing. I’m very happy with how it turned out.
Name tags for the family’s Raspberry Pis designed with the student edition of SolidWorks made using our PolyPrinters…
Not made at Dallas Makerspace, but made using equipment that we have available at the 'Space. Dye sub transfers printed using a Sawgrass SG800 printer, and pressed with a flat heat press.
11" x 14" Chromaluxe Matte White aluminum panel w/ 3/4" shadow mount:
13-1/2" Christmas Stockings with Gaming Cloth Linings (bought from Conde):
I am getting started with slip casting and doing some basic work in ceramics. The amazing @dianarhodes very kindly let me use her gorgeous tree mold and was also so helpful in getting it poured and set. These photos are of the different stages of the process.
First, the pouring and setting.
I got a great photo of the inside the of the mold as it was setting.
After a few hours we were able to get two sections of the mold off.
It then needed to set overnight to continue firming up. The next afternoon, I got it out of the last section of the mold and got the holes put into the branches. My plan is to finish this in the style of the retro ceramic trees that many of us have seen before.
Next, when it gets fired to bisque I plan to glaze in a traditional pine tree green. Thanks for reading!
Haven’t been to the Space much lately. Building this stitch & glue kayak at home with a couple of friends. More to come! These pics are scarfing the plywood blanks, bonding them together. Finally, the finished panels ready to start stitching.
How big is Lady? that collar looks huge.
Don’t you know it’s impolite to ask a Lady her collar size?
This brings back memories. My mom made this same tree back in the 60’s. There were small plastic pegs shaped light bulbs that fit in the holes on the tips of the branches. A low wattage bulb inside would light them all up.
Light-bright pegs light work, or you could wire up some LEDs (and optionally use smart ones Andy an Arduino if you wanted them to twinkle).
3D printing bulbs from clear filament or sculpting and casting replacements in resin is another (labor intensive) option.
Here are some floor standing speakers that I’ve finally finished after a year’s worth of design, testing, trials, errors, building, finishing, and finally listening! I made them with the help of my friends, using mostly the MultiCAM, then using a hand router at home to finish them. They were originally designed in Fusion 360, then transferred to Vcarve, acoustically checked in WinISD. The why: I wanted to make speakers that sounded way better than how much they cost, I tried to make them look as good as possible without compromising on the sound quality. Here is a couple of pictures, but I have a whole thread if you’re curious to see them all. https://imgur.com/gallery/lM8fbBN
Without further ado, the Kassanovas
Wow! That’s some serious engineering/design. It’s not easy ensuring speakers like this are correctly sized/dimensioned/tuned for optimum sound based on speakers used and power applied. Well done!
My dog just won best in show at the spca bark and build fund raiser in north park! I laser cut the dog here and engineered the dog house at my new job.
End design: http://www.enddesignllc.com/dogometry/
bark and build: https://dallasbarknbuild.org/entry/dogometry/
Your pooch is quite the talented builder! And without opposable thumbs to boot. Kudos to both of you.