Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - August 2019

Here’s a candle holder I made with the help of someone named Jeff on Sunday. I don’t know his last name.

Thank you to @Kriskat30 for showing me how to use a sled to avoid losing an arm to the bandsaw. Good catch!

15 Likes

This looks ambitious - and impressive!

Made a few pens as gifts for the production staff of the most recent musical I worked on.

L to R: cocobolo (Rollester kit), honey locust (Rollester kit), osage orange* (Rollester kit), honey locust (Slimline pencil kit), cocobolo (Slimline pencil kit), bodark* (Sketch pencil kit).

*it’s part of a joke; those two are going to the same person, and he’s a wood aficionado. And has a weird sense of humor like me.

23 Likes

Jug Life / Members Vulcanized Rubber Mold Class Magics

21 Likes

I made this crossbody bag tonight in Cindy’s sewing class!

21 Likes

I want to wire wrap one of my pendants like this! Beautiful!

Cindy

2 Likes

Loved your choice of fabrics, Becca!

Cindy

1 Like

That looks like so much fun, @Terrence! The costumes are fantastic!

1 Like

Some rings I made tonight!

18 Likes

you are on a roll making stuff, I featured you on our facebook!

1 Like

I need to make one of these for my daughter. This is awesome! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

Sliding bolt latches. These will secure two cabinet doors to a center post (on a not-yet-made cabinet).

Fully functional (of course).

Sherline mill, lathe, plus handmade soldering iron tip turned from a hunk of large gauge solid copper wire.

(EDIT: Plus layers of bifocals, magnifying glasses, etc. :eyeglasses:)

(EDIT 2: How could I forget this?? Made with Walter Anderson brass! )

IMG_8201_600px

17 Likes

As always, remarkable and beautiful work!

1 Like

I finally found the penny that you use for these posts! LOL

You are an incredible craftswoman!

11 Likes

I made 48 feet of shade-curtains to screen the western side of my barn from the summer sun. Shade tarps from HF, split and edges sewn with flat webbing. Fender washers for bottom weight and EMT conduit as a curtain rod across the top.

DIY version worked out to about 1/3 the cost of commercial barn curtains.

16 Likes

Magic wand on the lathe

11 Likes

Thank you to Linda Dallas and her helpers with the Helm Weave on steroids class tonight.

Clear instruction, innovative demonstration pieces, and lots of hands-on help when needed.

18 Likes

Along with 5 fellow makers, I took @Edenblue’s resin pendant class tonight. Mind-boggling collection of glitter and other bling! I had a blast.

21 Likes

Had a good time in the resin pendant class from @Edenblue

17 Likes