Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - August 2019

Along with 5 fellow makers, I took @Edenblue’s resin pendant class tonight. Mind-boggling collection of glitter and other bling! I had a blast.

21 Likes

Had a good time in the resin pendant class from @Edenblue

17 Likes

never played D&D but this is sick.

Another 3D illusion carving this time with lettering. It is flat 2d carved in 1/8" deep in Mahogany.

This is brought to you by the letter N for Nick

15 Likes

A few more traditional and non-traditional ornaments in Mesquite, plus a closeup of the alien.
IMG_2407

16 Likes

I think Hatchers can appreciate this one. 12" diameter only engraved using the vectors and took 2 hours. A full on deep engraving and fill was estimated to take 25 hours. I opted for the shorter. cheers!

11 Likes

Two prototype shelving units for Lucchese work boots. Plasma dynatorch, welding and the metal break!

13 Likes

We wanted a tool roll for some turning tools. Turns out hand sewing isnt that bad… just time consuming. First real leather project.

21 Likes

Shou sugi ban burnt wood furniture. Dresser and coffee bar. @Brenly

Dismantled and stripped using paint stripper. Orbital sanded. Then propane torched the wood and dyed using RIT fabric dye. I used a high concentration of RIT / water mixture and wrapped the wood in a trash bag to give the dye time to soak in. It was a surprise present for a partner’s anniversary! (I provided the propane torch myself).

And yes, she loved it!

16 Likes

Here’s a few things I made this month so far. As usual for me they are mostly wood and resin.

27 Likes

Using a laser cutter to mark / create the holes reduces the time.

3 Likes

Reversible sterling silver and copper pendant for Halloween, all hand fabricated.

25 Likes

That tool roll turned out nice. Very clean lines.

1 Like

I have to say that the Form2 does some lovely work (a recent print before and after priming)

15 Likes

that’s great! What’s the material cost and time taken on a mini like that? I might need to get signed off on the form 2…

1 Like

I created it on Heroforge.com ($10 for the stl file download) and the printing was like $2.10 for 7 grams of clear resin but that was actually for 2 prints, so call it $11 total for a fairly customized figure. As for time I think the print took like 3.5 hours or so and then another half an hour to clean and harden it with the UV cure station once it’d warmed up.

3 Likes

This is a bag I made in the crossbody fabric bag class last week. I’m pretty happy with the result.

20 Likes

Wow! You’ve been busy! They look beautiful. I especially like the resin river table.

2 Likes

A charity that fosters dogs reached out to me the other day about Lenny, a 4 pound puppy who was born blind. He’s so small commercial halo’s will not fit him. So I 3d printed one for him. This is Lenny:

This is his halo:

He will get fitted Saturday, after that he should be able to walk around safely without bumping into everything.

21 Likes

Very Nice, what an awesome thing to do!