Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - August 2018

I hope you do this class again I would love to take it

2 Likes

Completed and installed the sign for our cabin. I’m mostly happy with how it turned out, but wish I’d made the horse graphic a bit wider - it’s nearly invisible in daylight.

Here’s the sign with the solar-powered backlight (4 LED rope lights).

28 Likes

My design for these three pieces was inspired by a similar piece I found online – sold as wall art at West Elm.

I carved them on the Multicam CNC. Each took about three hours of cutting time. I would not have been able to do it without the help of @fedakkee, who showed me several tricks. Thanks also go to Larry, who patiently waited while I was cutting the second piece, and helped me take it off the spoilboard (it was taped down and a bear to get up).

The material is 1/2" ash plywood. The pieces are 30" x 30" (approximately). The cuts were done exclusively with a 60 degree V-bit.

I rough sanded them and gave them a few coats of Danish oil. I was very pleased with how they came out.

27 Likes

Cosplay for Leaky Con, from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire an Igor Karkaroff costume. Made mostly on a Creative Arts sewing machine and using the male costuming dummy.

20 Likes

reminds me of abstract muslim art

You did an amazing job Amanda, looks great.

1 Like

Not technically DMS but made cheese with @motopilot & @uglyknees.

DMS should do a private class.

16 Likes

From tonight’s lost wax casting class.

Robert Steele used a ring that was from a bag a wax rings professionally made and donated by someone. Having such a nice original wax produced a very nice ring.

John K cast a taurus emblem he made on the shapeoko, then cast wax into. Rati Chkheidze used a wax made from a 3D print. The ring was made freehand by Beth Appleton.

21 Likes

My kids worked on glass pendants. My 2 year old helped with the one on the top right and my 5 year old made the rest.

21 Likes

Love the skulls and aliens!

2 Likes

My daughter is obsessed with skulls. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Future Heavy Metal Rock Star

3 Likes

My version of a coffee lamp! Because every coffee lover needs one! The cups were thrown on the pottery wheel. The base is a discarded wood piece that I went digging in the trash for (no shame in that). Thanks to my husband @Steve1 for all the encouragement :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Finally got the belt clip, designed the attachment strap, and finished up my leather tools bag.

17 Likes

Finally got the rear bumper mounted up on my Suburban after some minor adjustment to the bumper. I paid $80 for a $1200 bumper and spent a little time to mount it.

19 Likes

I bet you got a good workout too!

4 Likes

Yep I sure did, until I got it on the pallet at least. It took longer than normal because I take breaks more often now days due to health stuff.

1 Like

Made my first turned sphere this weekend.

28 Likes

Did you use the sphere jig?

1 Like

Nope, that was all by hand. It probably would have gone faster if I did use the jig, but I wanted to see if I could do it without measuring tools.

4 Likes