Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - April 2019

wonderful work

Oh my, love those lightswitch covers! What a great way to see your art everyday.

5 Likes

(Re hidden chamber key ring)
That looks awesome. And ha, yeah, I have a wood one of these I bought from an artist ages ago and I use it for a needlecase too :slight_smile:

Sending your mom love and prayers for a speedy recovery. I think it’s wonderful that you are able to make something to help her. I bet she really appreciates that you made it yourself.

Finally finished - Fourth Doctor Scarf from the BBC pattern with some color variations. This took a LOOOOOONG time. Loom knitted on a circular loom. #DoctorWho (Click the picture to see the full size - it reaches the floor even when looped around the neck.)

This is the cutting board from Woodshop 2,3 and 4. Shoutout to @shoottx for taking the extra time to help me when he didn’t have to. Thank you, Mike! The drill press was occupied, but I actually like it better this way.

12 Likes

This is my raspberry pi and relay controlled metered pool autofill system. There is a float sensor trigger that senses water level and the relays control the polarity of the power to the electric ball valve. The Hall effect sensor measures flow volume and an ambient temperature and humidity sensor records stats to plot against water volume needs

23 Likes

Out of curiosity, how quickly does that ball valve actuate? On another note, that’s awesome. I remember having to constantly check and fill my parents pool, this would have been so nice.

That’s pretty awesome. I bet a lot of people would want one.

I am SO taking her idea and running with it! :wink:

1 Like

@omturbo made this for me

33 Likes

This is amazing - tell Kevin he’s brilliant!

2 Likes

heck yeah that is awesome!

2 Likes

Valve take about 5 seconds to fully open or close

1 Like

Squee! He found Nemo!

That is beautiful!

2 Likes

I am awed by all this beautiful work.

2 Likes

I made a shaving “Dopp” kit using too-thick leather and saddlestitched it by hand while watching back episodes of Game of Thrones.

The 6(?) oz leather made turning it right-side out after stitching a bit of work.

I put in some western-themed cotton fabric as a liner before stitching.

25 Likes

Table project, continued…Out of the mold. Lighting is junk. Sorry! I am super duper pleased with it! Ended up being 3 gallons total. Next…after a full week or so of curing… cut it down and onto never ending sanding.

21 Likes

From today’s Resin Geode class.

15 Likes

These look even better in person!

1 Like

Thank you to Astrud for setting up Serge for a Cause. We made burp cloths to be donated. It was great practice and great fun, and it feels good to know we made something useful for people who could benefit from it.

]

14 Likes