Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - February 2016

I need something like that.

Let me know if you need help with anything @apipe. I still have the pattern I made for it if you think you can modify it. Or I can make another one. LMK.

Neat project! Recycled heat sinks from Fredā€™s. If theyā€™re not big enough, let me know. :grin:
And somebody said all the stuff over there was old. Clueless.

That came out SICK. Iā€™m sitting here trying to think of anything I could store in a case like that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is it tie close or is there a hidden clasp Iā€™m not seeing. I have some strong magnets if you want to try that in the future.

1 Like

I built a filament container for my 3D printer. It has a laser cut acrylic internal box for indicating silica gel to keep the filament dry both while it is printing and when the printer is idle. I soldered together some copper pipe for a spool holder. You canā€™t see it in this picture, but I left the right side of the spool holder unsoldered. I drilled a hole through the right 90-degree fitting and the rod. I put a pin through the hole that keeps the spool holder together and can be removed to change out the spools. Right now the printer is covered in foam to keep it thermally stable, but eventually I plan on laser cutting acrylic panels to replace them.

5 Likes

I donā€™t really know how to sew but I guess I could learn. Might be a good first project to do.

1 Like

I need something like that.

Better than the plastic stuff that falls apart even if I donā€™t use the set.

Looks like you need a Kickstarter, seem to be pretty popular :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hereā€™s the blog post @MellissaRhodes posted for the February Show & Tell: https://dallasmakerspace.org/2016/03/february-2016-member-projects/

Thanks Mell!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes