Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - December 2017

I took the Wood Lathe Basics class with John Gorman (@talkers) at 4:30 PM today, having never touched a lathe before, and then I was able to take the Wood-Lathe Pen Turning class at 6:30 tonight with my

husband Andrew (@jendrew12). Here are the pens we made in class - he made the maple pen with the copper hardware, and I made the walnut pen with the gunmetal hardware. John is an AWESOME instructor, and I can’t wait to create more stuff on the wood lathe! :smiley: Learning all the things!!!

18 Likes

Here is a screwdriver that I made in the excellent class taught by, John Gorman. It was sooo fun!!! I can’t wait to do more! This was my first real (finished) project on the wood lathe :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Here is the first pen I have ever made (second wood lathe project ever) in a Wood Turning a Pen Class last night taught by John Gorman. It was an excellent class and I learned so much! Cheers!

12 Likes

Here are some Lost Wax Cast pieces I made at the Space (Jewelry area) in Fine Silver :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Those are gorgeous! I’d love to see the process next time you burn and cast…

1 Like

I tig welded some longer sway bar links for the jeep

Used square stock, thought about making it circular but meh, I’ll have to paint them eventually

8 Likes

I used cold rolled to lengthen mine. But I replaced the whole length.

Difference between you and me? You always go the extra mile, I go about half way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@LukeStrickland I hope that’s not true for the Jeep.
@TBJK

I’ve been working on assembling (and troubleshooting) my latest 3D printer the SeeMeCNC Artemis. It’s a huge delta printer using a Duet wifi board and FSR bed leveling.

I also am setting up a YouTube/streaming studio in my apartment for consistent content creation.

9 Likes

@Team_Moderators we need a January thread!

1 Like