Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - December 2017

Thanks! I wonder if its too much sometimes, but I like seeing more details and creative process when folks share it. I eventually figured a compromise kinda works. First paragraph or two that says the essence for folks flying through, then a deep dive for folks who are interested in the rest

6 Likes

Very happy with my first foray into making something in Fired Arts.

Massive thanks to Jason Middleton for the polyhedral slab building class, and to Shirley Reeves for the Glazing Basics class. Another huge shout-out for the massive efforts made to get the items to bisque and ready for glaze in such a short time.

17 Likes

Nice job! What’s next?

My first decent laser attempt. Door hanging lit from inside

19 Likes

What is your door hanger made from?

The hanger itself was from Home Depot. The box is mdf

1 Like

Solstice meed has been bottled and ready for any wayward traveler

14 Likes

I love it! :heart_eyes: I saw it leaning against something and was admiring it. Does it have a light behind it?

2 Likes

Love me some mead. I have 20 lbs of peaches frozen that I need to thaw and use on a batch of mead.

2 Likes

One of last weekend sagger fire pots. Sagger is not my favorite firing technique, but I never pass up the opertunity to practice.
This is bisque with floric chloride,
Leaves and a touch of horse hair as the combustibles.

14 Likes

Where are you saggar firing?

1 Like

Where are these focus pucks stored? Just see the green ones.

2 Likes

Umm, still in my car.

D’oh!

I’m out of town at the moment. Will drop them by when I’m back.

2 Likes

Screw diver class was fun and easy to do. :ok_woman:‍♀

17 Likes

I made a few of these Terra Cotta ornaments using a cutter that I bought when I went to Nebraska to see the eclipse. I wanted a modern train stamp but that was hard to find and I didn’t want it badly enough to pay for a custom stamp. It isn’t exactly like I had planned but I ran out of time so it will work. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Your throwing/building skills are so amazing though!

1 Like

My god I love everything you make!

1 Like

I made this wallet for a charity silent auction (http://dallasstreetdogadvocates.org/) earlier this month. Used the stitching pony I made at DMS and skills I learned from @Webdevel

18 Likes

I made some bookmarks from dual-layer, flexible plastics (Flexibrass from Johnson Plastics) on the Epilog Zing laser cutter, with help from @Evan_Lott . I’ve been amazed at the precision of the Zing in etching the details! Each bookmark is about 2"x6 1/2" and 1/32" thick. Some were made as Christmas gifts and others may be posted on my Etsy store when I get around to it: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ElectricArpeggio

The images are from patent documents. You can find lots of neat images by searching for patent print art, or searching at patents.google.com directly.

23 Likes

Very nice!