Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - December 2016

Cut this out today. Took it to the sandblaster. It turned out exactly as I wanted.

7 Likes

How big is that? I have one i am cutting out that is the American flag.

Not very big maybe 6-8" I’m actually going to cut out an American flag as well with "Thank You Veterans "

2 Likes

So we completed the first class on making a metal and knurled pen. this is representative of what was done. Also here’s @AlexRhodes who won the assembled pen in a vigorous death match of Rock/Paper/Scissors.
Cheers!

13 Likes

Knurling is so cool…

2 Likes

But was it a fair RPS? Was Alex using real scissors? Lol

1 Like

Tim showed it to me. It is awesome - the slightly rough cut edge makes it even more fearsome.

If it’s not rock/paper/scissors/lizard/spock, I don;t think it should count.

2 Likes

Yah Alex double scissorsed me on our second try and cut the paper…winning the pen. Way to Go Alex and Thanks Nick. Great Class, very well taught and I know I can build a pen now. I recommend anybody that can get a class with Nick, to sign up. You’ll be glad you did.

4 Likes

Second stage of wall art. Got the metal buffed out and welded the threaded rod and square tubing the back utilizing the 3rd arm I built too. Next, I’ll paint the sign and mount to a oak board.

8 Likes

Brought my kids up for the Christmas ornaments. Big thanks to @CaryF300 for doing it.

Afterwards I cut this out on the PlasmaCam. I plan on back lighting it & putting it in my front yard.

18 Likes

My wife wanted a replacement credit card holder for the one she was using. I used some upholstery leather to sew up a replacement. I have a box of similar leather to donate to DMS if it is wanted. The pieces are 10x10 or smaller but work well for wallets or credit card holders such as this.

8 Likes

Took cold saw off pallet

4 Likes

Experimenting with designing 3d printed socket holders for incoming replacement sockets in OpenScad, next need to print some to test, hopefully friction fit will be enough to hold them.

@SewingStuff

11 Likes

Used an expensive laser cutting device to make a silly Walter White (Heisenberg) snowflake for my sister-in-law’s Christmas tree :slight_smile:

Thunder Laser, 1/8" plywood from Woodcraft.

10 Likes

Not silly…Très cool!

Fixed the sandblaster, aligned the horizontal bandsaw & worked on some height control for the PlasmaCam. Getting closer to get that going. Going to do some more testing & cuts tomorrow on some thinner material. Fingers crossed :showmethemoney:

9 Likes

Finished the demo piece for the leather and laser class next month and plasma cut a batarang.

13 Likes

Love that you wedged the 'rang into the wood for the pic…perfect!

1 Like

Except that is the stump chair for the plasmacam :flushed:. Hope it can be removed and it isn’t in there forever, where would we sit?

Both items are cool though! :sunglasses: