Dallas Makerspace Holiday Gift Fair 2019

I’d be happy to, but file size is too large for Talk. I’ll make it available on network drive tonight and post the location.

Update: We now show up on KERA’s calendar of events.

11 Likes

JJ, would you put it on Google drive, please, and post a link? I haven’t figured out how to use our network drive.

guide to storing computer files @ DMS
(offsite access to on-prem storage is near the bottom, and involves the Jump Server)
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Storing_computer_files

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

Signage. I think we need some yard/event signs. Assuming local ordinance allows, at the very least 3 at the corners at Monetary and Valwood Pky and perhaps one near the interstate at Valwood Pky. Some outside the space by the curb and something directing them to the correct door.

Speaking of door - how will that be handled. will the two RFID doors be unlocked on Saturday?
Once in, we need some signage directing them to the event rooms so they are not scouring the entire building unattended. We can handle the signage Friday night as part of the setup but it is something I think we need to do. Do we have poster board to do this? paging @Team_PR?

We will get some signs out there for the event.

For the doors we have some volunteers who will be getting people to the right place and giving tours.

1 Like

I just posted for volunteers to be tour guides and ushers in another post. Hope to have some people sign up.

Nick, I will be at the Machine Shop Meeting later today at 5:00 PM. I will bring in and donation 10 sheets of 18" x 24" White Cloropast plastic material for signage. I also have a roll of Red vinyl that someone can create nice professional looking lettering using the Vinyl Cutter. Someone else will have to volunteer to make the signs.

3 Likes

Thanks @richmeyer. I’m not going to make it today but will be in tomorrow. I can help but I’m not vinyl cutter competent. I’ll of course be there Friday to help setup

I’m bringing greenware, bisque and finished ceramics.

11 Likes

You wonderful lady…I want that spider ring with the opal.

All of this and more…

4 Likes

You’re selling your state fair winners? I love the first one!

2 Likes

Astrud and I have to bow out, we’re both dealing with the tail end of the flu so don’t wanna infect the space, and are taking it easy this weekend. Best wishes to all…

3 Likes

Thank you for the well wishes, hope you both feel great soon.

1 Like

I want to thank everyone for coming out today, vendors and customers alike. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I’m worn out but it was worth it! Our tour guides gave a ton of tours and we added some new members to our mix as well.
All in all a pretty great day!

10 Likes

Hope everyone did well. Would love to see pics for those of us that couldn’t make it

2 Likes

I hope some of the folks who were filming and taking pics post soon. One dude from PR, maybe @JBluJkt, and I think @nicksilva.

2 Likes