Crossfire closed already

:expressionless:

Wow,
I live in Lewisville and this is the first I’m even hearing about this place. How did they advertise? O well, wonder what took them out? It seems like gun ranges are doing very well in the area.

Replaced with

https://shootpointblank.com/lewisville-is-now-open/

The ShootPointBlank location on 35 was a trampoline park for a little bit, and I believe a furniture store before that.

Went to Crossfire once. Range was alright, but the combo business was downright weird and probably had less overlap than expected.

I visited once. Retail area was on the big side; it could’ve easily made for +15 yards,maybe more, more distance on the shooting range.

I heard, they did mostly social media advertisement.
I recall coming across them at a gun show before they opened some years ago.

That is what I would of guessed when I read they had a gym and martial arts studio. Gyms are particularly difficult to start and have vast competition. Martial Arts businesses are even harder to start as their often competition for gyms, but have an even more narrow market.

Too bad they are gone, I’m a fan of local start up ranges. But, the range has been the key to all the successful business like this I have seen in our market. The store front has often been secondary, but a good market as well.

@shoottx, I hope you know of Eagle Gun Range, as shoot point blank has very expensive range pricing in comparison. Shoot Point Blank, $20 an hour, plus a one time $5 waiver fee per year. Eagle Gun range on the other hand, $20 for the day and no fee for signing a digital waiver. I think Shoot Point blank is more interested in being a store first, rather than a range. Plus they are in a much more expensive location. I bet in the next 3 years Shoot Point Blank will also not survive given the pricing of the range and the competition on the gun store front with their high land price.

1 Like

It was also a crossfit gym, something I’m used to seeing in popup storefronts, flex commercial spaces, and in flat out cookie-cutter industrial spaces. I could be way off here, but my impression of crossfit gyms is that they work best a small, tight-knit clubs and that Crossfire had grown a far larger then they tend to be.

Then there’s the closing of El Fenix (the high point of that location).
The murder/robbery of the corner store(s) nearby.
e.g. https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/02/15/store-clerk-killed-apparent-robbery-lewisville-gas-station/
and https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/11/28/store-clerk-killed-robbery-lewisville/
Soooo…
If you’re going, you’ll want to pack in, pack out…

1 Like

That area is kinda dead for businesses. My sister works at the OTB on the other side of the highway. She said if it wasn’t for their catering side of the business they would be closed as well.

2 Likes

Oh so conveniently a large percentage of that demo is in the habit of routinely carrying heaters, hoglegs, etc.

2 Likes

Looks like the lane per hour pricing is meant to herd people into buying their monthly memberships.

It is.
Only place that does a lot of business nearby is the center with Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree, Joann…

1 Like

And the real draw store in that complex is the Total Wine, as their parking is the only one you ever see filling up.

Drove by last night and Crossfire appeared to be still open and operational.