Criticism of DMS leadership must be especially tolerated

DMS has always been political. I think anytime you get a bunch of strong willed people together, you will get arguments. There are many sides to issues and quite a lot more of it this past year but we have always had some of this. The point of this, is that at some level it is healthy and needed to have fairness in decisions and actions. I think the question is what is that line.

Since the space has been closed and these are unprecedented times preventing the normal election cycle, maybe the SOI filing deadline could be re-opened, so that @chris_fazio, @raffi, and others could ante up for their vision of DMS.

7 Likes

Great news! This is leap year! Do you get to pick the day off? Does each board member get a different criticism-less day? Not sure how that works…

*poking fun, hopefully obviously :slight_smile: proud of you and the rest of the BoD.

8 Likes

I have full faith in this board and their actions. Far cry from the last one.

10 Likes

Bro, be boasting 'bout beard? No, 'nother of fellow follicle failing friends. (Alliteration always applies)

5 Likes

I would like to also state although I can be critical of them I do have full faith and trust in the decision they make being for the betterment of the space!

4 Likes

Let’s just say it is a very unique situation. The Feds/State/Local governments are all bleeding cash and resources. I live in Lewisville and they are expecting at a minimum a $15 million short fall. Going to be a lot of city services that will not come back. We are very hopeful to complete expansion and have enough money to operate with when we reopen.

Hopefully the membership will see the value and come back when they can. From the outpouring of emails/posts, everyone it itching to be back to “normal.”

5 Likes

I’m betting there is going to be a lot property tax increases before they get serious about cutting things.

2 Likes

Is there any consideration being given to halting the expansion until the vision is clearer?

People were already complaining about how fast they were increasing before all this and having to go contest the amount (property value going up not necessarily tax percentage increase). They go up too much more and people will be getting priced out of their homes and foreclosing.

You are preaching to the choir. My property taxes have doubled in five years.

I was in California when Prop 13 passed. More states should do it.

Question: Do you think govt cares?

1 Like

We got our statement and immediately hired a company to protest… and took a lot of pictures, including of the neighbor’s place.

1 Like

The overall and long-term effects are going to be so much more than this. The federal Gubmint will only be able to tax and/or print (money) their way out of this. I suppose they can sue china or refuse to pay the ~trillion $ of debt we owe them, but even that is not really going to cover all of it.

Expect taxes and inflation to increase over long term (my inexpert opinion…)

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GLD

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GDX

I understand the frustration of those who have invested a lot of time into a project being questioned by those who are minimally involved. It also would be considerate for those of us who invest less time to defer to leadership when the stakes permit.

I agree with Lampy that it is important for members to be able to appeal to the membership if their appeal to leadership is exhausted. This is a necessary check on corruption and the abuse of power. It’s also an indispensable part of the political process. That being said there should be a social cost for those who abuse the public square.

Once again I appreciate Lampy’s ability to be circumspect.

5 Likes

The “good news” is, a lot of “experts” were predicting a recession anyway, it was just a matter of whether the Trump administration could stave it off until after the election. This just got it started sooner so we can get on the road to recovery sooner.

I’m not sure that’s good news after all.

1 Like

Much of expansion finally had momentum and it would have cost more to slam on the brakes. Would have left us with lots of unusable space. We made the decision to conservatively move forward. Will still be lots to do but have to watch the bank accounts too.

4 Likes

Sorry to disappoint you.
You haven’t achieved “Toxic Plague” status.
And that depends on who your friends are and who their connections are.

4 Likes

Was Walter an atheist?

Not sure. Leaning more towards agnostic?

2 Likes

Yea, ELECTED LEADERSHIP roles should definitely do what you mentioned, good thing I am
Not an elected leadership role haha