Create a Wiki Page for the Next Board of Directors Meeting

There Should be a wiki page for the next board of directors meeting so that members can add agenda items. As it stands, members have no way of adding items to the agenda.

Is there any legal reason why we can’t create the page and add the time and location once they are available? Is there any reason in terms of benefitting the membership that we shouldn’t create the page? Is there a plan for creating one, or are we just waiting until the election happens for the next board to create the page?

@ESmith you created the last BoD meeting. @Board_of_Directors please address this.

1 Like

Looks like my board of directors tag didn’t work. Let’s get this addressed.
@Julie-Harris @mrjimmy @Lampy @brsims @Edenblue

So why does their need to be a page? What business could you possibly have with DMS having been closed?

Raffi, this is already being addressed.

3 Likes

Great, thanks. I hope addressing doesn’t mean waiting.

Raffi, help me understand why you are being so demanding? You act as if DMS should be at your beck and call. What gives?

1 Like

It is all a conspiracy since there normally is a wiki page for BoD agenda items. What is missing is the turmoil to scheduling due to COVID-19.

Signed,

Lame Duck BoD Member

2 Likes

Anyone with a DMS account can create pages on the Wiki. @raffi, why not just stub one out in the usual format and add your agenda item?
#do-ocracy

4 Likes

No such meeting was scheduled in March due to the uncertainty around the COVID-19 closure situation as well as a hope that the election would have happened by now and the new Board would be scheduling meetings.

None.

In my recent conversations with the Board, they are aware of the lame duck situation brought on by the COVID-19 closure and wish to focus on any Expansion or true Emergency items that come up.

One can certainly create a wiki entry for an undefined future Board meeting, however much of what the membership is likely to propose amount to policy changes that the present Board is reluctant to consider.

Furthermore, our processes for Board meetings and agendas are those of precedent and inertia rather than specific requirements encoded into the Bylaws or Standing rules. Historically there have been handoff meetings scheduled, however the reality of those meetings is that they are ceremonial with the transfer of power having occurred once the election results were posted. The reality of meeting agendas has also been one of implicit rather than explicit rules (i.e. Bylaws 2.3 through 2.7 and the fragmentary/terse Standing Rules section on Organizational Meetings).

So you can certainly propose something - as can I vis-à-vis agenda item(s) that the previous Board tabled per their informal procedures - but at this agonizingly prolonged moment of transition there’s no guarantee that the subsequent Board will consider it.

But hey - here’s a provisional agenda; have at it.

9 Likes

Thank you Erik, excellent as always!

2 Likes

The fact that the Board may be predisposed to vote against ANY proposal is not a reason to prohibit someone from raising a proposal (not that I think you (@ESmith) are in any way actually prohibiting such an action).

Propose away and get it off your chest: your proposal may be so awesome that the Board will be inclined to agree. If not, you’ll still have had a chance to have your Proposal aired.

4 Likes

Heck, I put a previously tabled proposal up that I don’t much expect the Board to consider despite the fact that it was extensively discussed previously. For funsies I may well propose a change to the rules around org meetings just so the next Board has things to consider.

3 Likes