Covid Policy Question

So I’m looking on the wiki for whatever the policy is and I came across New-covid-19-policies - Dallas Makerspace but aside from the following, I’m not seeing an article on the wiki for it, that quote being:

These rules were removed in the 3/2/2022 Special Board Meeting.

I’m also failing at finding the minutes for that meeting >.>

What’s the tl;dr on the current Covid policy?

There are currently no restrictions or policies in place.

Just stay home if you’re sick, please.

8 Likes

Don’t read too much into this.
As of last Sunday, the restrictions for re-entering the USA after traveling to some British holdings abroad were lifted. I was unfortunate enough to be returning on Saturday. That meant I had a self test that required me to shove a cotton swab up my nose and insert it into a test kit under the strict supervision of someone on the other end of the celphone camera feed. Then it was required I kept the camera on the test for 15 minutes without interruption to prove I did not have Covid, so I could return to the United States and not have to spend 10 days quarentined in a foreign country. (As half Native American to the Rio Grande area, I find this somewhat Ironic…more so that this is a disease I have to TEST for to see if I have it, but I digress.) I asked the Customs… AND Airline agents if they wanted to see the results. Both were rather terse in their reply that THEY DID NOT, even though they were legally bound to ask me for such documentation. I can only assume, that after P.O.ing travelers for months for said documents they were irritated that, the powers that be, without some discovery or understandable science based event, simply decided it was time to drop those mandates. Clearly, the agents were less than happy they had been made the bad guys, if the rules could be changed so easily for no perceptable reason.
Bottom line is that DMS dropping Covid restictions was probably done because of governmental level recommendations that there is no longer a threat requiring restrictions. I completely give the board credit.
Let’s just hope restrictions never return.
By the way, I tested negative.

2 Likes