Couple of Sheetcam Questions

Am working on setting up a couple files to cut on the Dynatorch, but it’s been since summer '19 that I used it last. Something in the back of my head is tickling me that Sheetcam and the Dynatorch software is going to assume that the units are in inches – is that correct? I can modify my design in Fusion so that it outputs in inches (or mm, or parsecs, or whatever), just want to try to get it right the first time. Thx.

Second question: for some reason, I was thinking that there was a licensed version of Sheetcam that we could download in order to test everything out on screen before getting on the equipment, but now I’m not finding it on the committee drive. Which means that my memory is wrong, or it has moved, or both. Any input on that would be appreciated.

Secondly there is a free version of Sheet Cam available for download. It doesn’t support post processing, the version in the metal shop i a licensed version that does. Download the cut file from the metal shop committee and sheet cam and you will be ready to go.
When you import the DXF file to sheet
cam it prompts for units.

2 Likes