"Corpse-ing" a skeleton or skull - gristly fetid decor!

Hello everyone! I wanted to do an interest check for a class in late September/ early October for how to corpse a skull or skeleton. I was thinking of doing only one or the other, based upon interest expressed, since it effects supplies and cost.

Corpsing is where you take a cheap halloween decor posable skeleton, and modify it to look like an actual fetid, rotten, decayed corpse. I would say I am a pretty good authority on this, since I have had three year olds tell me I am a “BAD PERSON!” when confronted with my macabre halloween scenes.

a skull would be about $25.00 - all supplies provided.
a skeleton would be about $50.00 - all supplies provided.

6 Likes

i’ll be there. :slight_smile: Can’t wait.

1 Like

Corpsing is awesome. Stiltbeast on YouTube does an effect with it that’s pretty good. May have to stick my head in on your class to see what y’all make!

You had me at “fetid”.

1 Like

What process are you using? I have my “George” skull. Walmart foam mini skull with cotton/latex worked up into muscle structures.

Similar process, and also adding some workarounds and skin methods if we decide to do skletons instead.

Would love to do a full skeleton.

1 Like

Can I make a suggestion? Do it sooner. Early September. Promote the heck out of it. Or maybe do it twice. Some Halloween projects take several weeks and getting this info out there sooner could help some folks plan.

(This comes of a frustration with all the DIY magazines and websites that post “Halloween specials” on like October 25, with “how-to” articles on projects that would take the average DIYer about 3 months of evenings/weekends to complete)

3 Likes

Hmmmm. with the amount of money I would have to put out initially to get all the skeletons, It would have to be a one and done class, since I can’t afford to have extras laying about. September would be handy, since I have the usual halloween work events, etc during October. I don’t wan to do labor day, since a lot of people would be out of town. Maybe like Sept 16th.

2 Likes

Lara, if you are running it through CA talk to Devin about purchasing the skeletons. I don’t know if things have changed, but when I use to do Leather 'N Laser classes, Nicole would prepurchase supplies so nothing came out of my pocket.

2 Likes

Definitely!!

The last thing we want is for our teachers to be out of pocket. Let Devin or myself know the details of the skeleton you need for the class and we will arrange it

Tagging Devin. @missydee1206

1 Like

You may also get a higher turnout if you offer folks the chance to bring their own. I have a veritable boatload of plastic skelly skulls, cotton balls, and standard sculpture supplies and would be interested in the class but couldn’t justify paying full freight to repurchase materials and make the box even bigger. In the warnings section just have folks who want purchase the kit email, otherwise let them bring.

1 Like

The class is up!!

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/3283

1 Like

1 spot filled. Looking forward to it.

These will be medium grade posable skeletons.

They are posable and jointed, but do have visible screws, and some
hollowness behind the ribs. Since they will have a lot of material added to
them, you won’t be seeing the screws, etc.

Thank you, I had just glanced over class description and missed it, hence the edit.