Computer Committee Agenda Item: Acquire Committee storage drawers to be racked in Racky McRackface

Title: Acquire Committee storage drawers to be racked in Racky McRackface.

Author: Dwight Spencer (@denzuko)

Summary : Committee items are stilled boxed up and now itterling all over display shelves. This is harmful to the committee. The server rack was acquired to store committee tools, equipment, and projects. To finish this we would need to purchase or compensate @denzuko for the following items:

https://www.amazon.com/NavePoint-Server-Cabinet-Locking-Lockable/dp/B009WS7S1A

https://www.amazon.com/NavePoint-Screws-Server-Shelves-Cabinets/dp/B01CDOG11C

Denzuko can volunteer to order 3 units on behalf of the committee given there is a receipt for the donation and reimbursement for the purchase. Denzuko also volunteers to pull cable for the rack, clean displays (dust, wash, etc), and orignize equipment upon unit delivery.

Total Budget: $206.80
Reimbursements annualized: $17.24
Returns gained:

• Additional committee storage
  • Addressed Board concerns over committee area
  • Improved workspace within committee area

there’s the order, now the committee can discuss on how they want to use them and make it right with the donator.

Considering this was not approved by the chair or the committee, I would highly doubt that there will be any reimbursement.

1 Like

Please do not leave this off at DMS without approval. Thanks.

1 Like

Rack Mount DJ equipment!!!
That’s awesome I want it.

Ohhh wait…
Yeah, that was a bad move.

I’d seriously consider stopping it before shipment or returning it.
Hate to see you not get reimbursed for a rash purchase
I know you’re passionate about it but

And you are not your own third party?
Please reference yourself correctly.

& you can’t just like make a motion to a meeting that hasnt been called let alone in time and immediately pass it yourself and then volunteer yourself and then wash your hands clean of the problem of you reimbursing yourself & then blame your sole actions on a committee.

IDK how to even form that above sentence its a very mixed up wonky process thing that makes no sense that just happened.

3 Likes

Don’t worry everyone it’s been cancelled. Relax. I talked to @denzuko.

He probably should have waited to order it since he said he wanted to be reimbursed for the purchase which I don’t blame him.

Especially since that shelving unit with the LED lights was trashed it looks like in a photo in another thread and he bought that out of his own pocket during the earlier days of the committee, I was there when he did it and sort of protested it as I felt it wouldn’t be appreciated and I was right.

I’m not sure why he continues to deal with any of this at all. Personally, I usually stay out of makerspace drama but it does annoy me the amount that people get stomped on for trying to do good things for the space. It’s why I will never volunteer here personally too much drama and ugliness, that’s unneeded.

Now denzuko should have waited to make the purchase and had a meeting about it. I do agree on this but it’s been taken care of so please close this thread.

As it’s getting filled with people getting upset and hearts getting bruised.

I do apologize but I really haven’t said my peace as I’ve been scared half the time to talk on talk and have held it in for awhile I tried to word it the best I could how I feel, I am the type of person who avoids conflict completely as I dislike it, to the point I rarely will say anything, I hover here in talk usually frightened as heck to say anything at all.

I will not be replying to this further myself so any replies to my comment I won’t answer as I feel we have all said our peace we need to let it go and move on mistakes were made. It’s all we can do is not repeat them but we can’t erase them.

So everyone including myself let’s take a breathe to release all the tension we are feeling.

Calmly inhale and then exhale it all letting it go gently. Do this again if needed. Feel the tension and stress leaving your body.

Now, I feel a bit better and I hope everyone is as well, have a good day. Stay safe as it’s rainy out there. <3

Please moderators close this thread.

1 Like