Colchester training

I have completed the videos associated with the colchester. I was hoping to get some training on the colchester lathe. I have workpiece that can be used in the training. I will be looking to boar between .001 and .003 off the ID of a 6” 6061 aluminum tubing (ID: 1” OD 1.5) the purpose of the additional clearance on the ID is to provide enough clearance for a 1” rotary spindle to move freely but not too much clearance to where it creates vibrations.

I will go back later and boar out enough to fit the ends with bronze bushings.

I will be at Makerspace for the machine shop committee meeting, so if anyone is open to coming early or leaving late, that would be great. I will also be willing to compensate someone for their time.

Have you completed the quiz? I don’t remember seeing an email or addition to the AD that is automatic with the Moodle. I’m willing to meet with you earlier on Saturday, providing you complete the quiz beforehand.

1 Like

I have just emailed the quiz answers to the MachineShopTeachers email address. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Pending the quiz results, I am flexible Saturday and can be there before or after the machine shop committee meeting.

I am free either before or after the meeting. Just let me know which you prefer.

Training after the meeting would work best but I am flexible! I am also available any evening during the weekdays as well.

1 Like

Sounds good to me, after the meeting it is.