CNC Sherline lathe post processor

In Fusion360 I have designed a simple part and developed what appear to be some acceptable tool paths after many system rebukes. I have saved post processor files (.nc) onto a USB stick using the FANUC- turning processor as presented in Fusion’s post processor dialog box. Will this run on our Sherline cnc controller?

Note: A file is needed for each tool and there are no rapid moves; all part of Autodesk’s struggle to ensure the software is only minimally more valuable than what I have paid (free). But no indignity is so shocking that a human can’t accustom him/herself to it.

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Bob, The post processor is on the committee drive

1 Like

Tim,

I see on the committee drive the the Kmotion.cps file listed as the Fusion360 post processor. But I don’t see any way of importing it into Fusion’s library of posts so that I can run my CAM design through it. Nothing by Dynomotion appears in the extensive Fusion360 list of posts.

Regards,
Bob

as i recall - you point F360 to the directory (under the Manage tab) where the post(s) reside. If it is the only one there it will load it. If there is more than one post in the directory, it will create a pull down so you can select the correct one. Good luck.

1 Like

Bob, did you get the tool library as well?

Tim,

Looked for , in committees/machine shop, but didn’t find any such title. In Fusion360 there is a tool library where the tools don’t necessarily correlate with the Sherline tools that we have.

Regards

Nick,

I did find the manage/post utility. I copied the fusion post processor file (KMotion.cps) from the committee drive and was able to enter this into the “manager”, but from there the configuration was not available in the Post Process selection dialog box. That is until I used the “setup” key and selected “personal post library”. Now there is the kMotion/kMotion2 post option. However it is indicating that the post processed file will have extention “.ngc” instead of the normal “.nc” I don’t know what will happen due to this, but I will make posts using it and try it out on the Sherline kMotion controller.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Bob

Tomato, Potato - it’s all just a text file which can be renamed. This is an easy fix in the post processor to change the output extension. It may or may not matter to the program that downloads the gcode. cheers!