CNC Router Training (wood only)

Are there plans for another training class at some point in the relatively near future?

1 Like

FYI, next class on Wednesday 6/24 at 6:30. Tickets are available at: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/cnc-router-training-wood-only-tickets-required-tickets-17405226501

Cool, I’m in on that. May be a tad late since I get off at 6 and have to drive from Denton plus we sometimes have an emergency or odds and ends to tie up first.

I’m in! Thanks Kent (1,2,3,4,5)

Here is a YouTuber who used the inlay feature with a vbit.

1 Like

Anyone know the next class date? I just joined and would love to get started with this wonderful tool.

The class has been added to the calendar. It will be July 8th from 6:30PM to 10:30 PM

Tickets can be purchased here. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cnc-router-training-wood-only-ticket-required-tickets-17613402160

as always, you must be a member in good standing to attend.

See you there.

1 Like

@AlexRhodes, any way we can add a couple extra seats to the training this evening?

I am sorry but we won’t be adding any more tickets at this time.

We limit classes to make sure the supervisors don’t get over run with the tests. The class could handle more people but currently we have a hard time keeping up with testing people out.

Do we have a compression end mill in the tool library? Preferably a 1/4". Example linked below.
https://buildyourcnc.com/Item/endmill-compression-onsrud-!25-cut-2-flute
If not, I’d like to request that one be purchased to mitigate blowout in plywood.

Thank you Alex, Kent and team for your commitment and time in supervising/teaching CNC routing skills.

While we have one 1/2" compression bit, it seems to me like there’s some difficulty in using them…

For on thing you’d definitely want a lead in area. Without a leadin, you’re upcutting the top of the area you want to cut. You would also have to cut the rest of it in one pass at a much slower than normal rate due to chipload. This would most likely mean also using a plunge length in the lead in to get to depth.

IMO, it would be easier (and much cheaper!) to use a downcut bit for all but the last pass. Then use an upcut for the last pass at the starting depth of the previous passes. Sure it requires a tool change, but I would guess it’d still be quicker due to feed rate, and plunge/lead in you’d have to use with an actual compression bit.

3 Likes

I’m highly interested in the next CNC Router Training class :smile:

The next class will be July 27th at 6:30 PM. I just need to add it to the calendar and create the Eventbrite. That is pending the Jump server being back up and running by then.

1 Like

The jump server is up now, correct? Any ideas on when the next class might be? I’m ready to take it :slight_smile:

The server is up and V Carve is installed but not quite configured back to the way it was. I will post a class once we have everything ironed out. The class should be next week if everything goes right.

your patience is appreciated.

3 Likes

Sounds good, thanks for the update!

Cool, I want to be in this class too! Can’t wait.

A class has been scheduled for Wednesday August 5th. Please purchase tickets below.

Are y’all resuming tests again now too?

We were discussing going to a Thursday night test schedule. I should be there tomorrow at about 6:30 - 7 but I have to help someone at 8:30. If you come tomorrow please limit your test to 15 minutes of run time.