CNC Router Assistance

Brian,

Here is the zip file. Yes both sides should have slots. I also included in the zip file of the chair assembled. Yes I’m still doing both chairs. I think for both chairs I will need two 8 x 4 sheets. When I was checking the second chair in 360 with the slicer it was showing one sheet.

ThanksChair_Outdoor.zip (903.1 KB)

Brian, is there anything else you need from me for this? Also I will be at DMS literally, all day Sunday if you’re available.

Thanks

Maybe. For both questions. I will look over everything tonight then let you know.

ok. Thanks for the assist

Regarding Chair_Outdoor.zip…

The DXF appears to be a projection onto the XY plane (onto the ground). It also appears to be inaccurate; there are some lines where there should not be any.

We need something like what is in Nester_Cover_Chair.png: the parts “broken out” then “flattened” onto the XY plane then exported as DXF.

Thanks for the input. I’m taking the 7p Fusion 360 class so I will make those changes and repost them for you to view. I’ll have the instructor look over the file to make sure it’s correct.

Hi Brian, I’m a little bit confused. I took John’s Fusion 360 class and ask for help for this file. He said that Vcarve should be able to accept it as it is, and any changes could be made in Vcarve. Is this right? Sorry all this is new to me.

That my be true but the Fusion 360 file was not included in the the ZIP you posted.

Ah ok. Let me see if I can find the original Fusion 360 file. The guy that developed it is on vacation until mid July. I’ll ask his friend.

Brian,

I spoke with the designer about this and I actually first did it the old fashion way with my table saw and mitre saw. It didn’t turn out how I wanted and sat kind of low to the ground. In any event, I think I will just work with the one design. When are you available so we can do it?

Also do you know the contact info for Chris Ghaley? I don’t see his address here in the forum.

Thanks

1 Like

Well, I’m currently in western South Dakota. It looks like I will be here until October. So, maybe October. (But, I have a suspicion you are not going to want to wait that long. :grin:)

I do not.

Mx. Ghaley may not have created a Talk account.

Thanks for the info. I was able to catch up with Chris and he let me into his CNC training class. I’m doing my test this week so I should be ok. Thanks for the offer and good luck in SD!

James

1 Like