CNC Plasma Refresher

I have taken the class for CNC plasma but has been about a year since I’ve used it. Would anyone be willing to give me a quick refresher course? I will happily compensate you for your time.

Thanks in advance

If you know how to get to the committee drive at DMS, check out the Metal Shop folder and you’ll find a video with Tim Bene going through all the software set up. It’s a good watch if you can’t find someone to help you in person.

5 Likes

That’s perfect. Thanks!

1 Like

I should probably do a follow up video with more tips & tricks.

4 Likes

There’s a video??? :astonished: This is exactly what I need too. It’s been so long and I’m getting close to wanting to cut something out. I definitely need a refresher!

Please do this! It would be so helpful for a lot of people that don’t use it very often. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

If you do, try and film the hardware set up side of things too. The video up there is mostly software side of things iirc.

1 Like

When we created the videos, it was in the very beginning when we did not know the nuances of the machine/ software. Now we know a lot more about the machine. So we can certainly do a better job on the video. Also I got better on video editing, so that helps.

6 Likes

@Treed01 - Tyler, I’m in the same boat as you. Signed off but haven’t used it since class. If you are interested perhaps we can run through it together and see if we can figure out how to get a simple cut.

LMK if you want to try it some point next week? Here is the directory link that Malcom refers to:

N:\metalworking\Training\Dynatorch\Video\