CNC Milling Help - small tank badges

Hi, I’d like to machine a couple of small aluminum badges (~2.5" diameter x ~0.25" at the thickest part) for my motorcycle. I think the best way to do it would be with one of the CNC mills, but am open to other suggestions. It looks like getting training and approval to use either of the machines I see available is a big leap for me, so I’d like to ask: is there anyone that is approved to use these machines and that’d be willing to help me machine these? I’m happy to pay for consumables, will of course provide the material, and will even buy you dinner and/or a drink :slight_smile:

We could probably do this on the nomad cnc or the sherline . What is your size range and do you have artwork already?

Thanks for the reply @keoliver! I’m not sure what you mean by the size range, can you please tell me more? I have the vector file for the logo, stl for the 3D badge, and soliworks file.

I meant what are the dimensions but that will be in the files . Happy to take a look. The avg, the stk and the solid works file would all be useful so I can check the cam programming . I would walk you through the machine side process . Not sure if we would use the nomad or the sherline cnc mill . For a job this size I would not use the Haas. You can send the files to my makerspace email and I will take a look .

1 Like