CNC Class sign up

Hello

I’m new here and wanted to know how to sign up for a CNC Router class since they don’t show up on the events page.

Please select the most appropriate category for any new threads. Thank you!

:bulb: NOTE: New threads created as "uncategorized" will not show up on the list of "recent" topics. If you want to be sure that your thread is seen in the list of "recent" topics, it must be added to a specific category or sub-category. Please select the one most appropriate for the topic you are creating. This will also make it easier for members to locate the thread at a later date by browsing through the category associated with the subject of your thread. Thanks!
1 Like

We have one instructor, he is the current chair of the machine shop @nicksilva

It will be three classes and then a one on one demonstration of your skills and proper operation.

What 3 classes and how would I sign up for those

If you’re referring to Woodshop’s MultiCAM CNC Router, there is a 6:00PM on Thursday the 25th that costs 50 dollars to attend.

If you’re referring to Machine shop’s CNC HAAS milling machine, there is a combined class one and two at noon on Sunday the 21st which costs 55 dollars to attend.

These are listed on Calendar. If you want, you can filter by department or by tool at the top right.

Hope this helps!

You’ll have to talk with Nick and see when he plans on posting them. They’ll show up on the calendar like any other class.

I’m guessing HAAS because it’s in the Machine Shop section, but I guess he could be talking about the MultiCAM.

1 Like

I think the “router” vs “mill” designation is why he’s covering all the bases just in case :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The class 1&2 combo is on the calendar. The third class (checkout) is set by appointment and is $20 payable to the instructor

2 Likes

That’s exactly why! I want them to find exactly what they’re looking for now, so they don’t spend 50 dollars on the wrong class.

1 Like

Oh thank you so much!! I’m still very new here and unsure about all the different machines. I was looking for the router class!

So if I want to use the CNC router, I take the woodshops basics, CNC router, and a private class with Nick?

Basically there are two machines sort of being discussed here. Machine Shop has a CNC Mill (a Haas VF2), and Woodshop has a CNC Router (by Multicam).

If you want to use the mill (for metal etc.), it’s Nick’s class.

If you want to use the Multicam CNC router (for wood only at first), it’s a Woodshop CNC router class (and it actually doesn’t require Woodshop Basics unless that has changed recently).

1 Like

IIRC all work in the woodshop required woodshop basics, but @Team_Woodshop can confirm.

the last portion will be a proficiency examination with the teacher of the MultiCAM class, most likely Chris Ghaly since he seems to teach it the most.

@Team_Moderators can we move this to woodshop?

1 Like

Not on team mod, but moved it.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Vcarve 1:1? Anyone?