Closed circuit TV for classes +

I know this is a bad time to mention this but it might be something committees
could think about adding later

I was reading an article about aids to vision impaired artists and it
mentioned CCTV My first thought was it would be great to have something like this available for for folks with vision problems Then it dawned on me that it would be great for teaching jewelry and maybe
other close work skills

There are jewelry classes that would have to be very limited in size if we had a larger agea becasu each persno needs to see up close what is being done

Is this something we could make at the space? Maybe one on a cart that could be used
in various areas and one that could be fed to a large screen TV

This may be blue skying

A camera imwith zoom and lights is pretty easy. The interface to the computer is more of a challenge. Right camera with the right interface, easy peasy.

1 Like

I know it would be very useful in jewelry

Demonstrating how to solder is so hard since there is torch
in the way

Would it be costly to set up?

The sky is the limit. It could be a $500 or $50,000.

It depends what features are needed on the camera and lighting. What it hooks up to.

This is for the big brains to figure out.

1 Like

You can use your smart phone (or an old one) to cast a video feed to the Chromcast TVs. Use an App like EZCast and you can cast and record at the same time. 3d print some simple tripods to hold the phones and you have a cordless/wifi camera on the larger screens.

1 Like

Laser had something like this for a time. Not sure of the specifics of the setup.

1 Like

Camera with enough zoom to get close to a ring. Tripod so the camera is not causing nausea from movement. And enough LED(?) lighting so the ring is visible.

1 Like

Depends on the phone I suppose but most smartphones should be able to digitally zoom enough to keep the phone out of the way. We could always use a lens attachment if needed. Tripod is easy enough to 3d print and I have seen several on thingiverse. If lighting is an issue can always get/make an LED array that runs off of battery to attach to the phone. Or use a work light :slight_smile:

1 Like