Cleaning the FSL bed?

I used the FSL the other day and noticed the honeycomb bed was filthy (it was even gooey and sticky - for which I can’t imagine a cause). I know that at the old space we used to use the pressure washer to clean it. I was going to volunteer to do this, but I didn’t think we had a water connection for the pressure washer (or some such thing). Anyway, what’s the best way to clean the bed now? I’m willing to help.

Chris

I noticed last night that the bed looked like it had been cleaned recently. I don’t know how that is being done, now, as pressure washing is the preferred method. You might use compressed air.

Grab a bag of quarters and take to a car wash. Spray it down w/degreaser and let soak. Rinse and repeat as needed. Using some kind of spray solvent (carb cleaner such Berryman B12 Chemtool) will speed up the process. I cleaned the screen shortly after we moved using the car wash at corner of Josey and Trinity Mills. Compressed might blow out loose stuff, won’t phase the rest.

…filing this nugget under Zen and the Art of Laser Cutter Maintenance…

But let’s leave the electroshock therapy out of this title.

Another possibility is use foaming oven cleaner. Still recommend using the car wash.

3 Likes