Class idea: making brass reloading tools

Hey all,

I’m considering offering a few classes on making brass tools for reloading and other activities where you want a soft metal or something non-sparking.
This would involve lathe work on the Sherline making things like brass powder funnels, pin tools with the knurlers for getting a grip, and if there is time making snap caps for custom calibers with an active spring (back before I had access to a shop a machinist made me one, as it was for an odd caliber of 37mm).

Depending on the amount of interest it could be a demo for more people, or a fully hands on for a small group that walks out with something usable. If walking out with usable tools and parts, it would require that it be small enough for the Sherline or that we switch to the Colchester.

If we do the small group making them then everyone would have to be trained on the related lathe. If not, then depending on interest I may try to squeeze in time to move ahead of schedule me giving classes on the Sherline.

Cheers,
-Jim

3 Likes

I’m in,
Needing an opportunity to make some machining project to build up my chops.

I’ve been thinking of how to make a 40mm shot glass with “golden egg” top that screws off.

Hell yeah I’m in

1 Like

Ditto:blankspace: :blankspace: :blankspace: :blankspace: