Class for induction forge and kmg

Howdy everyone I am looking at teaching a class for the induction forge and kmg 2”x72” belt grinder . Have seen many come in the blacksmith shop wanted to get trained on these the past few weeks. Looking at this upcoming week to get a class in. The class will teach the basic safety and operation of the machines. The class will be evening time during week or early day weekend. If interested in taking this class feel free to reach out with any questions.

5 Likes

As I have taught this type of class many times, but I am recuperating from surgery at the moment, I am grateful that you are willing to teach this class. Best of luck.

I hope to return to teaching classes later this summer.

3 Likes

I would love to participate in this class.

I would also love to participate in this class. Please let me know when it is available on the calendar to sign up.

Any chance it will be on a different day and time than Sunday morning?

I will definitely let you know when posted. Still debating on what we can work on in this class. Want to focus on teaching the two machine as well as teaching the fundamentals on making blacksmithing a little easier for beginners. Sunday would be a good day to have the class! If that’s the case I will most likely have the class set around 10 or 12 in the day! Will probably post today and will take some time before it shows on the events page.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting training on this for a while and would like to make sure I don’t miss it before it fills up. Not seeing it on the calendar yet though

There should be training slides for both tools on the Blacksmithing Committee shared Drive. They also used to reside in a 3-ring binder in the Blacksmithing area, but I don’t know if it still exists.

1 Like

The class will be on Wednesday next week and will be on the event calendar in roughly 3 days. Class will be at 7 pm and there will be 4 spots. Still debating on the best piece that can be made simply for you guys.

1 Like

Wanted to let you know there is one spot left open right now got posted today.

Wanted to let you know the class has posted one spot left open currently.

Hello! I am new to DMS and I’m looking to get started into Blacksmithing. Has your class already passed? And if so, will you be hosting another soon?

1 Like

The class has passed already will be having an open forge this Sunday that will post either later today or with the next couple of days. I will most likely be opening up an induction forge class and kmg belt grinder class again next week. If you are not able to make it next week I will aim to have one induction class per month to open the blacksmith shop to newer blacksmith’s eager to learn.

Thank you!!

I posted an open forge event at 10am-2pm this Sunday the 16th. Following is a class for the induction forge and kmg belt grinder at 7pm-9pm Wednesday the 19th. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

2 Likes

Cool! Is there an RSVP? Or a fee? I didn’t see it on the event calendar yet

So – generally speaking, it takes 48 hrs for an event to be posted, and 72 hrs for a honorarium-paid class to be posted. That said, the Education Committee occasionally “speeds up” approvals, rather wait for the longer passive approval. If you’re on Discord, there’s a channel which posts the classes as soon as they are approved. Otherwise, just keep checking. Most of our classes are small, and can fill very quickly.

1 Like

When it post I will do my best to let you know. The open forge on Sunday is $10. The class on Wednesday will be free of charge. Both will be inside but the open forge will have more people so you can get to know more of the blacksmith group.

1 Like

Both classes are up on the event page and open to rsvp for.

1 Like

Open forge class:
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/20000

Induction forge and KMG grinder:
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/20002