Class cancellations

Who do we talk to about class cancellations not opening the spot back up? I know it has happened to myself and @Synth83 for sure… I don’t know if to others as well, but I would assume so. When people are cancelling their spot in a class, it is not making that spot available, it is still stating that the class is full…

1 Like

@Team_Calendar

1 Like

This has happened to me a few times and they weren’t able to remove the person. Not sure what the deal is.

As it turns out, Calendar admins don’t have the access to help with this particular SNAFU; a programing change is needed to solve, I think. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken! (or correct me anyways…I like it!)

As a (sub-optimal) work around, have a regular/formal sign-in sheet at the class to track attendance and turn that in if needed to document >=3 student attendance. You can also remind folks on TALK the day before and/or use Intercom system 15-30 minutes before class to remind people there is a spot open, if that is still the case.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a code bug.

PM me the class info and I can usually manually edit it to add slots back in with a workaround (that being the slot count is increased since I can’t remove them properly either)

4 Likes

Usually you can just email them and they can fix it right away, or open a new spot so someone can sign up.
There have been times in the last couple years this was an issue for me. I advertised the open spot on talk, then took a written roll during class with students signature, email address, and phone number. Then scanned the written roll and emailed it in to get the honorarium. This flowed smoothly.

I hope you have a great day.
Anita Willis

1 Like

“or correct me anyways…I like it”
What a naughty boy you are! How’s that?

3 Likes