Checking on certs after rejoining makerspace

Hey guys, I had to let my membership lapse during covid until now. I had gone through the show me you can weld process for both MIG and TIG but when I checked my certifications on my key fob after getting my automotive lift training on Saturday and it wasn’t listed. I do not want to weld until I find out if I am okay or need to go through the program again. Whatever I need to do is fine, just want to do things correctly. Thanks

It looks like you’re not in the welding safety, the MIG, or the TIG groups.

Reach out the instructor you took the class from and have them re-add you. If you can’t remember who your instructor was or they can’t remember you, it might be time to retake the class :slight_smile:

Another question is if you signed up for a whole new account, or just re-activated your old one (kept your old username, etc). If it’s new, that’d explain the missing certs.

I doubt that’s the case here as he had other AD groups on his account and I didn’t see another person with the same name in Users and Groups.

1 Like

Malcolmputer, thanks I know I took the welding safety & MIG with Jim and the Tig was with someone who worked for Lincoln welding at some point. I am a street rod fabricator by trade for many years now.

That would have been me. I looked back in my records and I don’t see your name having registered for a class I’ve taught so you’ll need to re-take the TIG part at least.

You want to shop up to a metal shop meeting and do a “show me you can weld?”

@hon1nbo You remember teaching James?

Can’t say I do.

@James_Wall do you remember when it was / have a related message to me? If one doesn’t send me their usernames to add to the lists during the “show me” events as requested during them, then they can slip through the cracks.

I can certainly do the “show me you can weld” program. That is how I did it before, the guys in the Motorsport program needed a welder and asked @hon1nbo to get me through the hot class and MIG so I could help them out.

When is the next metal shop meeting? I would like to do this as soon as convenient for anyone. I do not want to be any pushy. I have MIG and TIG at my shop and MIG at home so not huge deal.

Thanks guys

1 Like

The next Metal Shop committee meeting is May 1st at noon.

If you see me around, or another welding instructor who’s willing, I can usually do a “show me” sign off on the spot since they’re pretty quick but you’d still need the hot process safety before that. @dryad2b teaches that pretty often.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I will get the Hot Process Safety class done and let you know.

Appreciate the help.

2 Likes