Check Printer Availability Online

Hi,
I was wondering… I live some distance from Makerspace, and I’m wondering if there’s a way to tell, somehow check online, if any printers are open? I realize that might be a rather complicated tech challenge. I hate to drive there and then sit in queue - perhaps 40 minutes or something.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!!

There are cameras

https://dallasmakerspace.org/cam/

But I’m unaware of anything that shows direct status. It would be handy, but even looking at the control panels at the space is of limited utility.

Thank you for the reply. I didn’t realize there were cameras everywhere. It is tough to tell form the pic, to see if the white labels above the printers are written or not.

Even the labels aren’t really useful. People forget to erase them more often than not.

I have the same challenge, My commute is ~1/2 hour (one way) What I’m learned is that watching this category and “Issues and Requests” will give you a sense of the number that are functional and the cameras show how many folks are in the area. Those, and time of day will give you a good sense of how likely they are to be available.

I use a lot more than the printers at the space, so I have a queue of things to work through, and any print tasks I have are usually possible most trips, unless everything is broken.

The cameras are especially usable for the resin printers.

Cool, thank you!