Cheap pinball finds - discussion thread for new projects

I do have some pinball projects for sale but they are quickly being sold… I will be hopefully headed to Austin to pick up a 1972 Bally Fireball EM pinball this weekend so if there is something that you see that you want in the Austin area or along my line of travel on I-35 I may be able to haul a second game back…

1 Like

@nickdangerous pinball signal has been lit, now we just wait and see if he shows up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Whoop whoop, warning. Extensive collection of pins in one location. Reaching maximum density, event horizon forming!

1 Like

If I bought a pinball machine, I wouldn’t be able to store it in Vector area unless I was working on it and “learning” I just want one that works and is playable.

Correct. We do not have room for anything other than active projects.

Now, if you wanted to bring in a working game to do upgrades, experiment with swapping out LED’s/controller boards, or tighten up and tweak some of the mechanical elements that would qualify. However, at the present time, DMS hasn’t designated any specific area as a lounge/arcade and we can’t spare any room in the workshop, unfortunately. All projects in VECTOR at this time are undergoing active construction/restoration (or they get the boot!).

Currently we have the room (barely) to squeeze in one more pinball or arcade-sized project.

$300 in Denton - Fun Fest - http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ele/4885878516.html

• Cabinet needs a repaint, but isn’t too bad as-is.
  • Backglass has lost the reds and has faded, but might be repairable with frost gloss paint.

1 Like

Looks like a lively game, lots of pop bumpers and an animated playfield target. Plus, has a post that pops up between the flipper.

Here is a video of the gameplay: (same title but not the machine being sold)

2 Likes

Not sure how good this game would be, it’s another EM Williams. I don’t like the theme but looks pretty good.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/clt/4887556842.html

Meh… it’s pretty mediocre. That Fun Fest in Denton for $100 less is a better player.

Alas, it appears to have been sold… :confused:

@themitch22
It is too bad it already sold. That was a cool find, It had some interesting art, I would describe it as something between Doozie and Spanish Eyes. So on that front a cool machine. It definitely is a B title, but that means you don’t have to pay top dollar so plus there. I’ve played this machine in the past and it is fun, but the difficulty is very high, some would even call it a game of chance. This is because of the slingshots and the wide out lanes. If I was going to buy this machine for myself I would of offered $200 and felt safe, being able to play it till I was tired of the game and then sell it to the next lucky owner. In the pinball world, we call this playing for free. Whatever profit you would make is spent in parts, but you got to play the game the whole time for free. A pristine version of this machine I would expect to top out at about $1100 to someone that fell in love with the art.

@Nick isn’t this your moms favorite pinball machine. Pretty spendy but would make a great gift! :wink:

Revenge From Mars is cool. You can get those for closer to $2000. :smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure where you can find one for 2K, but if Nick says it, he has probably seen it. That is a really fun game, and FUNNY! Plus, the hologram effect is really cool. It is too bad these machines didn’t take off more, they put everything on the playfield, which is perfect for pinball.

Man that would be awesome. I really liked this game, one summer I stayed at a hotel for a camp and probably spent like $20 playing through the game.

Snow Derby - $200

Located in Houston. Need more photos, but from what I can tell the backglass, playfield, and cabinet all look decent. It’s a fast 2-player game with spinners to hit, return lanes for the flippers, and bonus countdown for number of laps completed.

video of gameplay here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAzO3nqYP4

1 Like

If I could get someone to pick it up that would be great, it would be a nice gottlieb EM and the price is right.

Dang, I actually like that one. Almost glad I can’t afford it, peeps would kill me as soon as I stripped the
graphics for my re-theme idea that I’ve been wanting to grab a base cabinet for…

1 Like

Yeah that one is too nice to gut & strip for a custom pin. What are you thinking in terms of re-theme? It’s pretty hard to find a suitable candidate for much less than $200.

Talked to the guy and looks like Nick and I will be picking it up Saturday then bringing it to the Makerspace. He said it’s running but has issues resetting. I’m definitely excited and think it’s a good start in pinball and looks like a fun game.