Cheap local source for small mat-board pieces

Does anyone know a cheap source of white mat-board (for matting artwork)? I’d like to cut many 5” +/- circles for my sister for an art project. She needs about 50 of them. I thought cutoffs might work since the resulting pieces are small.

Is there a local source other than HobbyLobby/Michaels? A source for cheap/free cutoffs?

@TLAR Tom’s shop?

3 Likes

Where do you want the boards put? I have a stack here from work for you for free, you just need to cut the circles.

FYI, the backs of all the boards are white, while the fronts are a variety of colors…

I’d be happy to give you mat board pieces - during the school year I put them in a box and give them to art teach at the local schools.

Hank,

I’ll be working(day “off” at my store most of this afternoon through this evening so if you are in the area and wanted to venture by, you could pick up your circles.

Thanks to both of you.

I’ll be back in town Thursday night - I’ll PM you to coordinate.

Tom, thanks for the offer. Please continue to give them to the teachers - it sounds like @hardsuit was able to help me out.

Oh I do…or will until i retire from this form of entertainment.
If you were to drop by, I would have given you a quick lesson on how to use the cnc mat cutter and feed it the scrap mat cut offs to cut your 5" circles for your sister’s art project.

My veterinarian’s wife trades “artists trading cards” that are 4"x6" and the machine cuts about 42 out of a sheet in one shot - it beats a knife and a straight edge & band-aids.

2 Likes