Chase file saved

Hello. I saved the file for the chase I made on the committee drive for Print making like we discussed.
The bad news is that I made it on my home software which is version 10. The vcarve edition
we have on the jump server is not at that revision so it can’t open a file that new. I’m sure it will eventually catch up, but for now it is archived for you. If we ever need to make another I can just use my software. I did not save gcode since you never know what machine will be used.

PS. Congratulations on a successful event yesterday. Looks like everyone had fun. cheers!

Hi Nick,

I just caught your message in here. I will take a look at the Printmaking committee drive, I’m not sure where it is, but I will find it. I wonder if I can open a vcarve file inside Illustrator, I know it’s just a vector file but maybe if you save it as a SVG or DXF I might be able to open it.
Anyway, I’m going to also try opening the vcarve file inside Illustrator and see if that works.

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

Update: I found the file in the Printmaking folder and tried to open it with Illustrator and it does not work, however if you can save out of vcarve in either PDF, SVG or DXF I would be able to open the file.

That won’t help. The true issue is that you can’t open to post it and create the gcode. Illustrator won’t post. When I get a chance I’ll transcribe it into the version that is running on the jump server.

1 Like