Challenged by Google Drive (resolved)

I am trying to download the Phrozen wash and cure user manuals from Phrozen’s Google Drive at this link.

EDIT: Also the Phrozen printer manual at this link.

It says there is download permission but I can’t figure it out.

I’m trying to get the download so when Phrozen removes it from their site it can still be accessible to our members.

Can someone please download this pdf file for me and either DM me or put it into the 3D Fab committee drive?

phrozen.pdf (703.9 KB)
(I had same issue but then tried to print to a PDF and that worked.)

1 Like

Not to be ungrateful (no good deed goes unpunished) but I can’t figure out the print to PDF thing either. Would you mind please downloading the printer manual for me also?

What I meant was I clicked on the download link you provided and that opened up a view of the file in google drive in my browser. I clicked on that and that opened up a (readable) view of the PDF, but I still didn’t have the file on my PC. So I tried the download button and that failed. So then I tried to print the view to a PDF using Crtl-P, which then allowed me to "Print"it to a file on my PC.

Do you want to try to see if this works for you? I’ll be getting doing same thing on my own in meantime.

This file (printer manual) is same as one up above.

Nevermind…I see now…sent via email.

1 Like

The owner of the file doesn’t want to make it easy to download however there is a workaround for this of sorts. If you double click on the file to view it in your browser you will find a download link there that will work.

Edit: Since I had it I put it on the in-building file server committee drive in a new folder under 3d fab called ‘Sonic Mega 8k’

1 Like

dying of curiosity, now, b/c when I click the first link, I get Google Drive with a file shared out that I can just click “download” on…

I didn’t have any issues downloading either.

Some folks are not aware of all the various Drive options and methods to do these things and I’ve seen issues with browsers/software Plugins, Extensions, anti-virus, and so on get in the way at times. So many variables …

I saved it on the committee drive for anyone who needs it.

3 Likes

Thanks. This actually did not work. I think it put it into my Google Drive. @mblatz … I was able to replicate it with the Ctrl-P suggestion.

1 Like